Resolutions

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not normally big on resolutions, other than the ones we all make and quickly forget.

But the auction Ryan has up for the Trend Airshield got me to thinking. I've got one and I never use it.

Over the last couple days I've had a bit of a cough. Nothing big, and I really haven't been doing all that much dust generating the last few days out there. But still, it's enough to make me think.

So the one resolution I have is that I will wear dust protection of some sort whenever I'm in the shop doing anything with woodworking power tools/sanding.

That's it. If I make too many resolutions I doubt I'd stick with them anyway.

20141230_115207.jpg

Probably a good one. I was feeling pretty good until I went back out to the shop the other night. Of course I wasn't doing any sawing without the DC running, mostly it was due to the 22* chill in the shop

Great idea!! I made that resolution this past Jan....stuck to it except for one early morning shop clean up in May (lots of sweeping, no NEW sawdust making) and got a sinus infection the next day. :doh:

I've been good about running the DC on even one or two cuts, and the sander has it's own dedicated shop vac/dust deputy hooked up to it, but just seems like I can do better.

With the beard coming in real good, not sure a regular face mask would do the job.

I'm not normally big on resolutions, other than the ones we all make and quickly forget.

But the auction Ryan has up for the Trend Airshield got me to thinking. I've got one and I never use it.

Over the last couple days I've had a bit of a cough. Nothing big, and I really haven't been doing all that much dust generating the last few days out there. But still, it's enough to make me think.

So the one resolution I have is that I will wear dust protection of some sort whenever I'm in the shop doing anything with woodworking power tools/sanding.

View attachment 88230

Brent,
I got one of these for Christmas this year and a mandate from the kids and wife that I WILL use it...

I open the door to the shop and my sneezer kicks in and my nose runs the whole time I'm out there... have been fighting a sinus infection for 2 weeks now.

View attachment 88230

Brent please wear your protection on your head and not in a drawer. It would be a real crime if I outlive you.

Think about that.

Enjoy,
JimB