Display Cabinet, Oak n Glass

As my mother would say " warms the cockles of my heart" have no idea what the heck she had cockles in her heart from but i got the idea so i hope you do too.
SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Hi Rob.
This is the definition I found in wordreference.com
"This is the now relatively uncommon English phrase 'it warms the cockles of my heart' and is used to signify delight - una delicia.
A number of differing derivations of this phrase have been proposed either directly from the perceived heart-shape of a cockleshell - berberecho-, or indirectly (the zoological name for one cockle genus being Cardium, from the Greek for heart), or from the Latin diminutive of the word heart, corculum."

In spanish it would translate into something like "Nada enternece más mi corazón que..." it has nothing to do with shells or wrinkles LOL

Sp today I've learnt another english expresión. Thanks to you.:thumb:

well today is finish day, need to get some more sealer. yeah jim, she says she likes it. but it wont stay here, dont want to break tradition and have something i made here:)

Thanks so much for taking the time to take us along Larry. Was there a thread on that tablesaw fence-tube-mounted outrigger thing-a-ma-bob? That thing is way-cool. I really like the top's profile and relation to the corbels and vertical lines of the cabinet.

The project is coming along nicely and your posting of the trials and their solutions can help us all. I know that a lot of the stuff I show step-by-step is already well known to a large part of our community. But, I know there are or will be folks that are like I was not so long ago, that will benefit greatly from reading through another's experiences, methods and approach so, thanks again.

Can't wait to see her all dressed up and ready to go.

P.s. I mostly post the pieces I build for my own home. You and Randi deserve to live with some of your creations as much as other folks do. Maybe that <insert desired item here> will be your next project. :thumb:

well glenn, i had some insight on the top design and it worked for my eye. so it got done.. the drawing showed round corners and that didnt happen we arent in a school where kids can get hurt:) as for the thing am mbob,,, i will say it has come in handy many times.. its no more than a cover over your fence and its fitted to just slide along and rest on the fence a little so you can get a sold connection tot he saw table for proper cut.. made out of MDF.
as for the out rigger i posted something on it in the jig section i think glenn will have to check later i got to get to sprayun now:)

Well Larry, you always exceed my expectations no matter what you do, and this time is not different. The customer will be very happy with that piece. Like Jim, I do like the corbels ( I've learnt another word today) on the top four corners.

Yep, got my seal of approval for sure! The pics really don't do it justice, the fit is perfect, proportions...right on, design...mission my favorite! You need to touch it to really appreciate the finish...SMOOTH!!! Well done bud:)

well it was a new style for me and had to wrap my head around it and put my rathers aside.. as for the details jim and glenn mentioned.. that is where making a top sample comes into play.. a sketchup picture doesnt do the same as a piece of wood.. the corbels were to be flush with the front and back stiles but i choose to give them a thinner thickness. to get another detail step. again using a sample piece warrants its value in determining the final look. also the back was done to have a pleasant appearance rather then a rough look. thanks for the reply's and hope someone can get something out of the progress shots to help them on there next project.

Larry, rookie question here, what router bit did you use on the frames for the glass? I was going to put the mirror in the frame for the medicine cabinet I am working on like a panel, seeing what you did, I am going to follow your lead, much better way:)

Nice work Larry now collect the moola. Ka ching. :thumb:

I thought the shelves were going to be angled for some reason. When i thought that i was wondering how a quilt was going to stay put. BUt you know thought planted a feather and thought a chicken would grow. :rofl:

This is an outstanding project that takes your work to a whole new level Larry. I think it will lead to even greater success in the next version. Nice job.
I hope to sometime achieve the high level of finishing found in this piece.

Last edited:
well i delivered it to the client yesterday, it was 1.5 hr drive one way.. well when we got there i had a young guy there to help bring it inside which was nice..had to inform him that, not to get in a hurry to unwrap and that we had glass in here and there was proper places to hang on to this:) well got it inside and unwrapped and put where it was to live now.. one of the first things the lady said was that the color was great for her ,, i thought it needed more yellow to bring it in to match the table closer but would darken with age to come real close..then the next question was if i was pleased with it????? wasnt sure where that came from but replied that if i wasnt pleased with it,, that she wouldnt have it here.. she said she figured that:) i asked her if she was pleased with it and she said yes, but she wasnt giddy like i thought she would be,, she was more excited when she gave me the deposit..but the extra time it took to wrap it up was worth it, no mars or broke glass:)
final set 027.jpg