My Prized Chistmas Gift

Paul Douglass

I haven't been active here lately. Lots of things going on with Christmas, friends and family visits and good times. I did want to step in and show off one of my treasures from Christmas. This was built for me by my 15 year old Grandson in his wood shop class. He is the one in the family that has shown the most interest in my love for woodworking. This was very toughing for me. He is a great young man. I am very proud of him.

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

Awesome! You have good reason to be proud. :thumb:

Once I learned how to use the tools, it wasn't long before I was working on projects outside of high school shop class. My granddad was very happy when I started going to his house to use his shop.

Thanks all, I wish he was closer but he lives in Calif. I only see him and his sister once or twice a year. His sister and him have made pens with me before. I'd love to be living closer to both. Alas, my lovely Granddaughter is off to college next year. Life has dealt them some blows, for sure, but I think they will survive and do okay. Granddaughter has maintained a 4.0+ all through school and Grandson has done almost as good. He may have let one or two B's slip in.... Yes I am very proud of both.

Last edited:
You should bring him up for the summer. Teach him how to work at it, vs. just doing it.

When he goes back, woodshop will seem like playtime.

Maybe build a project like a mantel or ???

Teach him some of the tricks of the trade.

(I thought this little video about kids learning on the job was interesting, so I added it--enjoy :))

Last edited: