Kitchen Project on Hold

What a bummer sorry to hear the news Vaughn. Its their loss, your skills should see this situation change quickly when word gets out given the rebound the US is having.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Man! I am so sorry to hear that stinky news. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you.

I am not sure why, however your comment about the carpet brought back a memory. I have friends (he was my wife's optometrist before we were married) who scruntched and saved to build a new house when he was new to practice. They wanted to start fresh and new with the house. So they got rid of all of their old furnishings except the mattress and kitchen table and chairs. Then they moved in.

When they got the scratch they put in carpeting---exactly what they wanted with no sacrifices because of price. So now they have a house, new carpeting, old mattress and kitchen table. They continued to save. Guess what their next purchase was---A new Steinway Grand Piano. You would never guess they loved music would you.

Anyway this pattern followed; as they could pay cash for it they added other furniture in the order of what they really wanted to live with, not necessarily what they needed or what was practical. They ended up with a wonderful house that was really THEM. I think that is neat.

Enjoy,
JimB

Man! I am so sorry to hear that stinky news. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you.

I am not sure why, however your comment about the carpet brought back a memory. I have friends (he was my wife's optometrist before we were married) who scruntched and saved to build a new house when he was new to practice. They wanted to start fresh and new with the house. So they got rid of all of their old furnishings except the mattress and kitchen table and chairs. Then they moved in.

When they got the scratch they put in carpeting---exactly what they wanted with no sacrifices because of price. So now they have a house, new carpeting, old mattress and kitchen table. They continued to save. Guess what their next purchase was---A new Steinway Grand Piano. You would never guess they loved music would you.

Anyway this pattern followed; as they could pay cash for it they added other furniture in the order of what they really wanted to live with, not necessarily what they needed or what was practical. They ended up with a wonderful house that was really THEM. I think that is neat.

Enjoy,
JimB

Now that is an awesome story. I love it when you share your experiences Jim. Thanks so much.

Sorry to hear about the timing of this, but I will say, Vaughn, this is only the next stepping stone to something better. :thumb:

You definitely should look outside of your local area because of the line of work you are in. You could work for many companies across the nation/world, from home. Somehow Brent and I have eeked out a living rolling out of bed, grabbing a cup of Joe and plopping down in front of our computers, slippers and all. You'll do fine. And frankly, you should enjoy what little break you will have between gigs.