So it's Friday! What are the rest of us doing this weekend?

Roger Tulk

No woodworking for me. We are taking our daughter-in-law out to celebrate her birthday tonight, and tomorrow we are going to Toronto to take my daughter out to dinner to celebrate her birthday. At least I won't be bored!

Doing a few miscellaneous things in my shop this afternoon (Friday). It's been too cool (by south GA standards) and rainy to spend much time out here.

Saturday should be a good day for my shop, but mostly cleaning and organizing - might be warm enough to spray some finish on my gun cleaning supply box.

Sunday will be a lazy day, resting up for football.

===> 28 days to NASCAR <===

Not wood, but am putting together a router planer sled using 80/20 extrusions to do large slabs. Like playing with a giant erector set. I'm having fun and over building-- in my best Rube Goldberg fashion, as usual.

Last edited:
I'm laying on the beach on singer island Florida
Not that warm got a wedding tomorrow in west palm,gonna be 75 degrees tomorrow,hope I don't suffer much in my formal attire as it is outdoors,but, it's expected to be 27 degrees in ny tomorrow so ill suffer down here

No plans, going to build a fire in the shop and see if anything sparks an interest or some ambition... Put a new scraper blade on my snowblower today, a whole 5 minute job, and made baked chicken & mashed potatoes for dinner, whew that's enough for one day...lol

Have 2 more build videos of Jasons to catch up on, so hopefully get that squeezed in between what-nots...now I'm off to find a quicker picker upper for my diet coke :D

Last night was on the town with Brent and Sharon for a pre-birthday on Brents behalf. Today, pepper mill prep and canoe stringers. Sunday...brisket, green house and football at the Dowels.

Had to get a new phone today as my phone suddenly quit working yesterday. Ended up getting two of them as Norma wanted to upgrade from her flip phone.

Then it's out to the shop to pull the transmission out from the Honda.

Just been working on the high chairs, feeling a little high from the lacquer too, even with a respirator. Also been playing around doing some programming, earlier I was playing with my new watch, setup couple of buttons on it to turn on/off my dust collector. ;)

2015-01-17 13.08.08.jpg

Had a great gig with the band last night at a new venue for us. Very appreciative crowd (with lots of new faces) and we'll be playing there again. :thumb:

Today I assisted my sister and her oldest son as they grouted the new tile in our master bath. My sis laid all the tile over the course of three days, and I was the saw man handling all the cuts. Today I mostly sat back and schlepped buckets of sponge-rinsing water back and forth while the grout work was being done. My sis has done a lot of tile work over the years, but this is her best one yet (according to her). Professional job all the way. She's been a civil draftsman for over 30 years, so she's expert at layout and keeping things square. ;)

Tomorrow will be electrical and plumbing work, some bathroom painting, and general cleanup and organizing things to get ready for the carpet installation Thursday.

Well shelly took off to scrap book with friends Saturday and Sunday so I've been in the shop making turkey calls. These things ate starting to sell. I've got to turn some tomorrow to mail out Monday. It's going to be a very busy 3 days leading up to Thursday.