Lidded Box

Here is a lidded box out of walnut I also made on the new lathe. It is finished with lacquer. 3" high and 2 1/4" across.

Attachments

• Walnut Box DVR 1.jpg
    Walnut Box DVR 1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Walnut Box DVR 2.jpg
    Walnut Box DVR 2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Walnut Box DVR 3.jpg
    Walnut Box DVR 3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 37
Well, it looks like that new lathe has not slowed you down at all :D

Your XP has preset speeds, right?

One thing I wish the DVR 3000 had, going from 250 rpm, back up to 2000 or so for pen turning gets old fast, when you have to hold your finger on the up RPM for a minute each time....:rolleyes:

I'm waiting for some electronics wizard guy to make a remote control panel, you know, like the ones used on other lahtes, with a big start and stop button, as well as a simple knob for controling the speed.............

Whoops............off on a tangent there..... :eek:

Nice box, I've go to try some of those.....

Nice box! I'll have no excuses after next week. I ordered the DVRXP yesterday. I hope I can produce quality pieces like that! :wave:

I missed seeing this one when you posted it, Bernie. Looks nice...great job. Looks like the new lathe is working nicely. (Tell the truth...you miss the whine of the Sears lathe, don'tcha?) ;)

One of these days I'm going to have to try a lidded box.

I missed seeing this one when you posted it, Bernie. Looks nice...great job. Looks like the new lathe is working nicely. (Tell the truth...you miss the whine of the Sears lathe, don'tcha?) ;)

One of these days I'm going to have to try a lidded box.

Don't worry Vaughn the Sears isn't going anywhere. I have the monster tool mounted on it and really now that I got the new head from Palmgren it has not even thought about messing up.

You definately need to try one Vaughn, they are a blast.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments.