It's Friday! 1/23/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's supposed to be in the 50's here this weekend. Mostly I'm hoping to get out and enjoy some of it. I'm also hoping to get the shop back in order and finish up some stuff on the high chairs. Sunday I may do some bbq/smoking and brewing, seems like they may go well together. ;)

What's on everyone else's plate?

Hope you mend up soon Carol!

We have dinner planes with a coworker of the wife tonight. Tomorrow I'll get some shop time in the morning then we are doing a little day trip to sample a bar and grill that supposedly has some really good burgers and pork tenderloins...home after for a fire outside for smores and after dinner drinks. Sunday will be more painting in the girls room and some shop time. Warming up here a bit too...but I know winter is far from over!

I'm experiencing some vertigo since Larry left, not sure if his visit brought it on, but either or ;), nothing more today than maybe some movie streaming...tomorrow it's back to guitar work and Sunday is no plans rest day... I too, wish you quick relief Carol, sounds like Sunday dinner at Darren's would heal you up quick :thumb::D

I've got some finishing work to do on the greenhouse, and a chicken coop to build and fencing to put around the chicken run!

Dealing with a back issue again. So not doing much.

That's nasty! Hope you feel better soon.

I've also had back issues off and on (more on than off) due to three collapsed lumbar discs. About six months ago, my chiropractor - who has been doing traction therapy on me for five or six years - suggested I try an inversion table (Teeter Hang-Up®). I use it three or four times a week, inverted to 60°, for 10~15 minutes per session. It's really helped a lot. YMMV...

Dealing with a back issue again. So not doing much.
Hope it goes away fast, Carol. Mine is acting up also, so it must be that time of year. Still working on my router planer sled. Need to drill and mount the base plate tomorrow and then I'm in business.

Jim, I love my inversion table, but no way could I do 15 minutes...5 max for me...it does help my back though.

+1 on the inversion thingamabob. I like mine. The dogs think it's funny too and try and lick my face while I'm upside down.

Had one of those years ago. Couldn't do it for more than 5 minutes at a time and don't remember being impressed with the results. I am back in the big back brace and the cervical collar. Feel like a mummy and about as flexible as a cigar store Indian. Hate this.

If it warms up a little more, guess I'll spend some time in the shop.... we had a little dusting of snow this morning, but it's about gone now, so maybe it won't be too bad out there.

I don't know that I could do even 1 minute on an inversion table... I get dizzy just bending over to tie my shoes...

Hope it gets better soon, Carol.

I will be doing very little today, and tomorrow we are hosting a dinner party with a Robbie Burns theme, and I get to recite the Address to a Haggis, and probably the Selkirk grace, at dinner. We'll be having beef pie, tattie and neeps (potato and turnips) and a bit o' haggis.

Next week, the insurance contractors are finally coming back to replace our damaged floor. About time; it's been difficult walking about balancing on the floor joists. :p

Thanks for the warning, Roger....Will you be reciting the original or the translation? I've had my Haggis experience. Everyone should:)
But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,

...Jim, I love my inversion table, but no way could I do 15 minutes...5 max for me...it does help my back though.

I dunno. I have no problem with the 10~15 minutes - unless my sinuses are a bit stuffy. Stiffy sinuses do make breathing a bit laborious, but otherwise, no problem.

I just finished doing 12 minutes, and other than having my dog wanting to lick my face the whole time :rolleyes:, it was no problem at all. Back feels nicely stretched and relaxed now, too.

Thanks for the warning, Roger....Will you be reciting the original or the translation? I've had my Haggis experience. Everyone should:)
But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,

Ah dae th'original. Ah dinnae dae tha' sassenach version! "Fair fa' yer honest, sonsie face..." Next week I will be reciting it in front of 120 people at a Burns supper. I sometimes get paid for it. At a large event like that, I give a talk about the haggis that encourages people to try it, and I've been very successful in enticing people to the haggis.

Last edited:
thanks for reminding me its the weekend.
Last Saturday I was sitting on the beach in florida and today Im shoveling ice/snow/slush.
I hate this stuff, I cant wait for the wife to retire.