Larry Merlau log in problems

Steve Ash

Larry needs some help.

I emailed Larry Merlau and asked him if he was having trouble logging on here at FWW. He wrote back and needs some help from anyone that has a answer for him. Here is his message to you who can assist him.

i will explain what happens and you can copy and paste it into
a
thread on there for some help...i type my name and password and it
appears
to go threw then drops me back the not logged in window again. i can
get on
at home with no trouble..PC but here at work,MAC it doesnt work but the
creek and mmww and semww forums work fine? help i am suffrn
withdrawls:)
using explorer for the browser. thanks fr the help steve.

steve,

this used to happen to me at the creek when i got on at work. the only thing that fixed it was to click in the "remember me" box when logging on. not sure if that will help but it's worth a try.

hope it works
chris

He has the same issues on the old site.

Must be something at his work site that is blocking his entry

I use a mac, with firefox 2.0, and it works just fine.

Edit: hang on, I just fired up IE on my Mac Laptop here at work and I got the SAME behaviour.

There is something wonky with IE on the mac. I'm poking through the preferences right now to see if I can find out what is up. But otherwise, try using Firefox if you can. (It is a great browser!)

Edit again:

Okay, I got it to work with IE 5.2 on my Mac Laptop (OSX 10.4.8)
This is what I did: Open the "Explorer --> Preferences" Window
Go to the section entitled "Receiving Files --> Cookies"
Then I found all the cookies set by "familywoodworking.org" (there were four of them) and deleted all of them.

Then I went and tried logging in again.
This time it worked. Now when I go back to the preferences window, there are only 3 cookies. Hmm. I didn't note the names, so I dunno which one was the issue.

So, let us know if that clears things up.

Last edited:
If it works at home, but not at work, it is nothing we are doing here, it is his firewall or some such.

I would imagine he needs to tell his firewall that it is OK to keep and allow cookies from familywoodworking.org or something to that effect.

or it could be the old "ID-10-T" error, I know I've been guilty of that one more times than I wish to remember...........:doh:

Hey wait a minute, he is on a MAC at work?

Don't ask me, them Mac things are like apples to my hammers, I don't know nutthing bout them.... :rolleyes: :D

Good luck Larry!

email from Larry
----------------------------------------------------------------

hey steve i got i t figured out( the explorer) wont work for the new site???
so i tried to get on at safire and it worked.. must be the new site has
newer softyware than the creek uses???

There you are buddy.
I still haven't got your problem figured out :confused:

so larry, should i assume that your issues are fixed?...........not that i could do anything to help i`m just curious......tod

well tod lets say i found another way to get here and am doing that now, still dont understand why i could get on the old fww but not this new one in the old software?? it must have somethng to do with you guys new bullentine software being to new for the old mac software. but hey i can visit and listen to you wize ones now and thats good fer me not sure about yoall tho.. sure is one fine workplace you have tod.. someday i am gonna see it up close, if i mind my p's and q's

Got on and now i fixed

my signature wasnt fully accurate, i see that your supposed to tell folks your affliations or other pertent info.. so i have cleard up that part with my sig,:D :D glad to be back in the real world again