Gearing Up

Stuart Ablett

A new large project and I have to do a bit of gearing up, I'll be working inside an office space so I have to keep things neat and tidy, as well as trying to keep the noise down as much as possible.

I have a good large shop vac in the Dungeon with a mini cyclone attached to it, I could use that but I wanted a shop vac that is a bit more portable, as well as quiet, I really like the function where you can plug in the tool you are using, say the SCMS, and when you start the tool the shop vac starts, nice feature, so I got another Makita shop vac, the 483P.

IMG_8937.JPG

IMG_8938.JPG

It has a tool switched on position, off and then on all the time, it also has five suction or speed settings.

IMG_8940.JPG

A tool caddy on the back of the unit is always nice. It also comes with a bunch of liner bags and a felt bag that you put over the filter if you are sanding drywall or something really dusty.

Nice unit, the loudest is is supposed to get is 63 dB, cost me about $300 delivered.

There will be some more tools added to the stable soon as well.

Cheers!

Nice and thanks for the tease. That model is only available in Japan.

Well there are LOTS of good shopvacs in the states that I can't get here, but I did notice that Makita USA has a very interesting new self cleaning shopvac for sale..... Only in the US.

c5c12306e1e263bfdc11333bee7850c7.jpg

Another shipment arrived.
The Bosch Colt installers kit, I've wanted one of these smaller trimmers for some time. I also got a Virutex a laminate strip cutter, perfect for making up those long narrow edge pieces, and a pair of Klenk snips for rough cutting laminate.

Cheers!

Last edited: