Friday!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
And I have been waiting for this one all week! Tonight is my very first Makerspace MeetUp and tomorrow is my very first welding class. Sunday is a big day on the job as well, but bigger for a colleague. I just get to be there and participate in a small way.

What's up for the rest of you?

Helping my BIL fix a door tonight...he usually hire's out all this kind of work..should be fun :rolleyes: Tomorrow a little shop time for me and then a Daddy/Daughter dance with the girl. Dinner, dance and then desert after...I'm looking forward to it, but she is way more excited about it. :) Sunday is wide open right now...hope it stays that way! :thumb:

This weekend will be pretty much a continuation of this week...gradually moving stuff out of storage and doing the last bits of fixup and upgrade work around the new house.

Cabin fever setting in. Today 2 weeks and one day healing. I decided to go into the shop. After 1 hr I was done. Jarrod drove me home. I'm thinking another 10-14 days on the couch.

I finally got back into my shop for a while yesterday and will do a bit more this afternoon.

The weekend will be full with a visit from my sister, who lives in the DFW area. We're picking her up at the Tallahassee airport tonight; she's staying until Monday afternoon. It should be a good time to catch up on life!

Supposedly going to rain. Still working on the chicken coop, I have 2 side panels built, need to do the remaining two, and the roof, then time to put it all together. Might be able to work on it under the back patio, other wise it's the 'RPM Challenge', so need to spend some time in the studio making for lack of a better term 'music'.

Dealing with winter. We get bay effect snow from the prevailing NW winds off the Bay of Fundy, which never freezes over. Light flurries are forecast right through next week. You don't notice it snowing, but you get up in the morning and find a fresh 5-10 cm on the ground, which has to be dealt with or it gets packed down and then you have ice (and maybe a broken wrist). I don't mind playing with the old tractor, but it takes time.
In between, some time in the shop getting set up for a blanket chest project - a wedding gift for our niece and her new husband.
Then there's boxes everywhere in our house that have to be processed and sorted, the by-products of the latest downsizing by my wife's parents. Then there's preparation for a succession of meetings next week.
My nephew is coming over Sunday afternoon for barbeque and beverages. We have lots of time for him- a naval officer, avid reader and great conversationalist.
I don't see any napping in that line-up, but you never know :D

I stumbled upon a stash of old silver maple burl in a corner of the garage that is too cracked to turn , so I think this weekends work will be to slice it up for box material and see if any can be salvaged.