FREE AIR COMPRESSOR AND MAKITA 7.25” CIRCLE SAW. FREEE, FREEEE, FREEEE

FREE AIR COMPRESSOR AND MAKITA 7.25” CIRCLE SAW. FREEE, FREEEE, FREEEE

ITEM #1

I have had a Sears (C-H manufactured it) air compressor for many years. It has performed flawlessly . I painted a 4,000 sq. ft. board and bat house, non-stop with it (well I did eat, go to the bathroom and go back to Sears at the end for one more gallon of paint). That was the only large thing I painted with it. In fact I used it for painting only a few times. Even though I drained it every time I used it, I became chicken about the tank being so old.

Specs:
20 gallon
10.7 cu ft/min displacement
125 PSI
Delivery is 8.8 SCFM AT 40 psi
Delivery is 7.4 SCFM AT 90 psi

I purchased a new air compressor. I stole the motor off of this unit. If anyone wants it, it is free if you pick it up. The twin-cylinder compressor is fine, so are the gauges and other parts. Even the tank looks fine; I just know it is old.

ITEM #2

Makita circle saw.
I doubt if it has two or three hours on it. I have, at least one, after market higher quality carbide blade for the saw.

Here is the rest of that story: I got kick back several times when using the saw.
I figured out that I was getting kick back when using a fence on the left side of the saw. The blade is a gillionth of a mm out of line with the base. This caused the saw to pull in tighter to the fence and you guessed it, a bind occurred and kick back resulted. I took the saw to a Makita repair station.

The saw was sent, the repair station, to Makita. It came back, “Repaired.” However, the saw still would kick back when there was a fence on the left side of the saw. I hung the saw on the wall and it has been hanging there for 2 or 3 years. If you want it, it is yours if you pick it up. I priced mailing it USPS. It was approximately $45.00 to mail it. I figured that was too much for the value of the saw. As I remember the price was $119.95 plus tax when I purchased it.

Except for the flaw mentioned above, the saw looks and acts like it is new.

I can take pics if you want them.

I am in Oceanside, CA; which is in San Diego County. PM is Jim C Bradley

Enjoy,
Jim C Bradley

The compressor has been "sold." It sure didn't last long.
Jim

Last edited: