...and its Friday! Again.

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Where does the time go!

Anybody ducking the day because of the numerical day? :rolleyes:

Working this weekend. Maybe next weekend I can get some non-day job activities in.

Just puttering. Rearranging the 'stuff' in the garage so it can be a shop. Trying to figure out how best to cut a complicated half lap joint so the parts match up without gaps....no luck so far.

I'm not coming out till spring, or noon, whichever comes first!

Where does the time go!

Anybody ducking the day because of the numerical day? :rolleyes:

Working this weekend. Maybe next weekend I can get some non-day job activities in.

I IS!! It's Friday the 13th, it's ca-ca-ca-cold outside, and I'm playing with 220 and sixty amps rewiring the old dairy barn/new work shop. I'm planning to go to the woodturning club trade day tomorrow and I can't go if I'm dead or short!

I might poke my nose outside later, probably real soon, I'm sure "my" cat is hungry in this cold. While I'm out from under the blankets I'm going to put on a pot of Community Coffee New Orleans Blend with chicory. Tween now and noon I'm planning to just poke my nose out of the covers for another cup of coffee now and then. I hate cold! Around here "cold" can start in the fifties too.

Hu

I didn't even notice it was the 13th until just now. It won't spoil my day. It's colder than Donald Trump's heart outside this weekend, and I have to bake some more bread for a dinner on Saturday night at the church. I've baked 10 loaves so far, so have only 6 or so to make to feed 60 people at our annual Italian dinner. Other than that, I'm coccooning. The high on Sunday is going to be -17. I'm not going anywhere!

How is a half-lap joint complicated?
It's this one, Carol. I called it a half lap for want of another name. I can't seem to get a tight joint with my hand tools and am trying to figure out a machine cutting method that will be precise enough. Using some left over Brazilian koa flooring to practice on and plan the finished product to be in cocobolo. Hard wood demands precise cuts and it's just not coming together.
CROSS.jpg

@Ted - A marking knife is your friend here. I would make the 'top' piece first. Lay it over the cross piece and mark with a knife. I'd use a Japanese knife that is beveled only one side. Pencil lines are notoriously inaccurate for this sort of task. Good luck.

Nothing special this weekend...movie night at home tonight and for Valentines...heading out of town to spend some time with friends for a night. The wife doesn't want any chocolate or flowers...just a card and a hug. Think I can manage that! :rolleyes:

Nothing much tonight, but may knock the second arm for the high chairs out of the mould. We have to drop the grandson at his dad's tomorrow morning, take my lovely wife for breakfast, then do a little antique shopping before meeting friends for a late lunch. Have a chance for the elusive "snow" on Sunday, so will probably find something inside to do. Oh! and it's a long weekend, so probably a little more shop time on Monday.

Getting ready to hit four straight days of work so cooking stuff for lunches. Really trying to clean the shop for some motivation to make something other than a mess.

I finished a Humming Bird Plaque this past week and delivered it. That inspired me to get back to a couple of larger Cardinal Plaques I had on back burner for a couple of years. So I put those on my workbench for the spare time shop work.

Other than that - REMODELING

Ducking 'cause it was -21C (-6F)) at 8AM. Too cold for both me and the scoot.

Colder than average here, too. -6°F this morning. About +5°F right now (1:00 pm). Supposed to get up to 11° tomorrow, then down to -12°F Saturday night, and only up to +2°F on Sunday. Plus, we're to get another 4~6" of snow tomorrow. Love Winter in NE Ohio. Could be worse, though - think Boston...

Today will be multiple trips to donation places (Habitat ReStore, Goodwill) to drop off stuff we moved but don't need. (Long story, and I'm not real happy about it.) :rolleyes: Also going to move another load or two from the storage place to the house and try to get some more moved out of the staging area that will eventually become my shop. Tonight is date night with LOML...headed out to a local tavern to go hear some friends playing classic rock. (Old guys playing old songs, just like our band.) The drummer in this band plays in our band about half the time, so there will be lots of mutual friends at this gig. Chances are I'll get to sit in on a song or two myself. :thumb:

Tomorrow will be more moving/organizing, then in the afternoon we're going a "Baby Sex Reveal Party" for my nephew and his wife. They had an ultrasound done a month or more ago, but had the doctor seal the results in an envelope sight unseen. At this point, nobody but the doc knows if the new baby is a boy or a girl. At some point in the party tomorrow, the envelope will be given to me, and LOML and I will sequester ourselves in a back bedroom where we will open it to see what's cooking. We will then fill a refrigerator box with either pink or blue helium balloons, seal it, then bring the box out into the crowd at the party. After what will likely be a lot of hoopla, the mom-to-be will pull the ripcord and the balloons will come floating out, revealing the baby's gender. :D

Sunday will likely be more moving. My goal is to dig our way down to the washer and dryer and get them installed before the end of the weekend.

its going on 4 weeks.but at the same time it's moving along. 3 weeks down 4 to 6 weeks to go laid up. I'm hoping to get back in the shop next week, turn some turkey calls maybe get a little work done and then get back home and relax along with 3 PT days a Week, just a bad day.

Last edited:
I had a follow-up appointment with my cardiologist this morning, then Bobbie and I went out for lunch. Chilling out a bit before I do a little rearranging in my shop.

Saturday will be more shop organization to prepare the area I'm putting my new CNC machine. The kits are scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I was really surprised when I got the email that the packages were shipped Thursday evening!

Sunday will be mostly a day of rest.

619aab1522dbcc1d8663bd5b230cb22d.jpg

Over in Port Townsend after 11 straight days of work (10 to 12 hrs/day).

It is warm here (57) and everything is starting to bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk