Jim Tolpin - Very Funny!

Bill Satko

While we were driving down from Bellingham to Seattle for the Lie Nielsen Tool Event, I started to get the idea that my wife did not want any my insightful observations as to route and what lane looked best. So I decided to catch-up on the blogs I follow using my phone. One of these was Marilyn Guthrie's "She Works Wood". She has a link to a video by Jim Tolpin you must see. I have attached the video here.

There are so many coincidences in all of this. One, last week we saw Jim Tolpin walking around Port Townsend. I spied him from a distance with his massive black NewFoundland. Second, a hour after reading her blog and watching this video, I ran into Marilyn at the LN event. It is really a small world after all. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Met him many years ago when he was just getting known and working out of his garage. Made a lasting impression. He made a cabinet model with a door and a drawer - quality finish and quality hardware. It was about 1/3 scale. The drawer held his order forms and drawing pad. He sat down with his customer at their kitchen table and he showed how they could have quality cabinets at a fair price. Worked very well. Touchy feely sales approach. Have his original book stored somewhere.