Whether the weather be cold...

Roger Tulk

What else do Canadians have to do in winter but talk about the crummy weather? If it were summer, I could go out to my truck and drive somewhere, even just to Tim Horton's for a coffee, without changing my shoes or putting on a parka, scarf, gloves and hat, and just drive away. And the sun would still be up at 9 PM! As it is, it's -11, down from -5 today (so I was able to clear the driveway) but it's going to be down in the -20s all week. The only bright side is that there is supposed to be very little snow. And tonight I cooled my drink with a piece of icicle.

Is there summer in Canada? A friend of mine who hails from the Edmonton area once told me there are only two seasons; this winter and last winter. :D

I dunno, in norther BC is was Winter and Mosquito season.. Theres a black fly season in there somewhere as well, but it overlapps well enough with the mosquitoes enough we just called it Mosquito season.

My aunt also wrote a song about "the first frost is the last frost the whole year round".

No discussion of this would of course be complete without the obligatory reference: