Rockler Bench Cookies

I have eight of them. They're sitting on a shelf - somewhere. I haven't used them in three or four years.

For something that's more useful, try the painter's pyramids. They're cheaper, too.

I have eight of them. They're sitting on a shelf - somewhere. I haven't used them in three or four years.

For something that's more useful, try the painter's pyramids. They're cheaper, too.

Yep got'em been using them little plastic pyramids for years for painting and staining. I was just looking at the no slide option for routing things on my bench, been using that foamlike stuff you use under carpets..lol...works pretty good, but does move around a little and gets covered with saw dust, not to mention it sits right on top of it, no clearance.

We won't go to the stuff I got that I never use place, lmao...I got a wall full of stuff on my peg board that fits into that definition, but I always fall back on the old adage ..better to have it not need it, then need it not have it. Spending money on stupid stuff I may never use, is what I do...lol..Just wondering if they really work like it says it does.

I've got 20 of the Lee Valley hockey puck versions. I use them much more than I thought I would. I started with 4. Although I poo-poo'd the idea I do now free hand route using only the pucks to hold the material. I use them when a piece needs to rest on pre-finished surfaces when the work is ongoing. Rockler does frequently give their versions away as deal-closers so if you're not in a hurry, you could watch for that to try them out cheap.

I have a set of the Bench Dog version of those. I use them every now and again so they are OK but not really all that special.

If you check out Lee Valley, they sell hockey pucks, and adhesive-backed non-slip disks to add to them. They are dirt cheap, but then again, we are talking about buying hockey pucks from a Canadian company. :)

I actually used them as feet for my workbench. I just bored a hole thru the middle for screws to anchor them to the legs of the bench.