Poll: What kind of cordless drill-driver do you use?

What kind of Cordless Drill/Driver do you use?

• Bosch

Votes: 21 8.3%
  • Craftsman

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • DeWalt

Votes: 64 25.3%
  • Festool

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hitachi

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Makita

Votes: 45 17.8%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Porter-Cable

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Ridgid

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 22 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Wright

What kind of cordless drill-driver do you use?

I have an 18v DeWalt XRP Drill/Driver/Hammer Drill.
I have been very happy with it. The only down side is that it is a little heavy, but it does everything I have asked of it.
I have only had Craftsman cordless drills up to this point, so I guess I'm just not use to the weight of a "real tool".

Last edited:
I have a Makita 9.6v that I have been running for years and it just won't die. I have a DeWalt that is almost as old and is just now starting battery failure; the drill is fine.

My main cordless has been the Hitachi I got on the Amazon $49 sale...

View attachment 7875

It's light weight, powerful and the batteries last.... It's been used a lot in my home remodel.

I also use a tried and true Makita, but it's older and on the large size.

(I can edit the poll votes, but not set it for multiple choice. Maybe Sean, the original poster is the inly one that can.)

Last edited:
I have five - all 14.4 volt.

The driver I use most is the DeWalt impact driver - not a drill.

The drill I use most is a Fein.

The others are a DeWalt half inch drill/driver, and a DeWalt close-quarters right angle drill, and my least used one is a Porter-Cable. I just don't like the P-C's balance as much as I do the Fein or the DeWalt. It's the oldest of the ones I have, and newer models of nearly all brands are much improved over it.

My main cordless has been the Hitachi I got on the Amazon $49 sale...

View attachment 7875

It's light weight, powerful and the batteries last.... It's been used a lot in my home remodel.

I also use a tried and true Makita, but it's older and on the large size.

(I can edit the poll votes, but not set it for multiple choice. Maybe Sean, the original poster is the inly one that can.)

Greg,

I can't change any of the poll settings now. :doh:
I think i'll just repost the thread with a new poll with multiple choice as an option.

Love my DeWalts

Since they came out with the XRP batteries for the 18 volt the drill outlast the operator:D I have 5 drills, sawsall, 6.5" circular saw and love them all. Been great and reliable tools for me.
Chuck

two 18v ryobi's hammer drill and standard

been through makitas (had three )

Milwaukee (two )

dewalt

lots of bang for the buck with ryobi I use the standard for screws and light work , hammer drill for heavy stuff

in the market for a ryobi 18v impact driver

I have a 12V DeWalt that is about 5 years old. It does a pretty good job, but the chuck can get a little fussy at times. I had the batteries rebuilt at Battery Rebuilders. Now they are better than new.

A little over a year ago I found a Fein 14V drill on sale at Coastal Tool. It is decidedly the best drill I have used. The really nice thing is that the chuck locks when the drill stops, thus making it easy to operate the keyless chuck. A really good feature.

BTW, It only cost $89 for the drill, w battery packs and a charger, NOT 4 bazzlion dollars as some other European companies demand.

I've got a few older Craftsmans - 16.8V Ryobi produced units. (2 drills and 4 batteries) They have served me well so far - and taken everything I've thrown at them. I'm sure if I used them every day they would have been toast quite some time ago.:D

FWIW,
Wes

I am not a big fan of cordless tools, but I do have one cordless drill -a Festool TDK 12 CE-NC. It's the best of the several cordless drills that I have tried, but for most heavy duty jobs, I turn to my corded Dewalt DW505 Hammer Drill.

Most all of my corded and cordless tools are PC.

I used the older pc cordless 862, 6 of them, for years.
They began to die out, so I upgraded to the newer pc's.
I still have two of the newer ones, but cannot get used to them.
Fast/slow push lever is hard to operate, and the drills are not balanced well.
Batteries are a pita to get in and out of the charger and drill.

So for the last two years, I have been changing over to Bosch drills.
I have two of the 14.4 drills and just love them.
I also have two of the small PS20 drills. Those things are handier than a pocket on a t-shirt.

All of my bosch drills have the bluecore batteries, with a three year warranty

I've got a Craftsman 19.2v and the same 14.4v Hitachi setup that Greg has. I really like the lighter weight of the Hitachi for day-to-day needs, and the Craftsman is hefty enough for the bigger stuff. (I've also got an assortment of corded drills, icluding an old Milwaukee 1/2" that was my granddad's, a 20-year-old 3/8" Craftsman VS reversible that's still going strong, and a Bosch 1/2" hammer drill. My next tool along these lines will likely be an impact driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.