Competition for Saw Stop?

I think it was matter of time. We shall see, I would have purchased a sawstop but they don't sell in Europe, as Bosch problably will they will loose that market.

I'm anxious to see how this develops. To my knowledge, Bosch does not make a big saw like Sawstop does. I wonder is they will hit that market also. Love to see some competition in this area.

if its cost effective they will have good market for sure..sounds like iit could be much less in cost compared to the saw stop in parts but if your racing with the big boys why not get the big purse:(

Interesting that Bosch would try this. First thing that comes to mind is a patent infringement. Steve Gass, aka SawStop developer, is a patent lawyer.

What I am reading and understanding, Bosch has many different patents through automobile manufacturing and somehow has linked air bag technology to this saw. Patent infringement, sounds unlikely in that Bosch doesn't utilize a brake and somehow doesn't destroy the blade either. No videos are available until the official announcement, sounds like it was leaked, maybe to gauge interest?

The issue i see is on a jobsite much of the construction lumber is not properly dry excluding ply.
So how often is this safety feature going to be put in bypass mode?
I can see it being less than the equivalent sawstop version were one to be made simply from the point of view of the cost of triggering consequence where with Sawstop you in for the blade and cartridge.

Wonder what the cost of the bosch cartridge is going to be.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

i dont know if they are using moisture for the sensing part rob, but they must have realized about the construction lumber moisture content ... doesnt make sense to go this far in product development then not have a reliable product.. those cartridges dont look to special. the ones that are used in cars are co/2 cartridges..