reloading time

Delivered this bullet yesterday. My Colt carry Commander was appropriate to give scale where I originally planned to post the picture. Was an afterthought to post here when I saw Roger wondering if we were alive and I don't have a more appropriate picture of the turning.

Anyway, been busy wiring and moving my turning stuff into the barn but here is a bullet I turned a few days ago. It fits in a navy gun casing. I didn't measure the shell but it was about two feet tall and the mouth is a little over four inches. The bullet fits it nicely. This dummy is solid, might turn a hollow one if it cracks but I don't have a steady rest for this lathe. With a new lathe on order to be here in a couple months I didn't want to build a steady for one project. The nose area could have been a little nicer but I was a little uncomfortable over a foot away from the chuck with no steady and I don't know if this will be treated as a treasure or trash.

Hu

1911bulletsmall.jpg

Nice job on the bullet. Love the pistol. I purchased a 1911 Rangemaster, 45 cal over two years ago and still haven't fired it. My nephew recently joined an indoor range. He promises to take me.

Cool. I made one about the same size for a friend that does firearms training and needed a large scale cut away cartridge. Came out nice, but not as nice as yours.