Today is Rob's Surgery Day

well john i am glad you had time to reply,, but the drugs are still in effect i bet for you to be so chipper:) you ought to take the ole coot up on there offer.. fish and chips sound great and i havnt meet ed yet:)

Instead of telling you to follow the doctor's orders I will tell you a short true story.

My mother fell and broke a leg. Later she saw the doctor. He just could not get over how well she was doing. The doctor said this many times. Finally mom said, "I just did what you told me to do."

Be nice like my mom.

Enjoy,
JimB

glad to hear you came through with flying colors Rob, you are in my prayers brother. what method did they use for anesthesia. and did they recycle your blood, and did you get a spinal block, if you did it will be 4-5 days before you start feeling your leg plus it itches like crazy.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking in Rob, and it's good to hear the sailing has been smooth so far. :thumb: We'll be looking forward to seeing you at the Clog Dancing Club meeting next week. :laugh2:

glad to hear you came through with flying colors Rob, you are in my prayers brother. what method did they use for anesthesia. and did they recycle your blood, and did you get a spinal block, if you did it will be 45 days before you start feeling your leg plus it itches like crazy.

Well Dave you hit the nail on the head. They did exactly as you said. Gave me a spinal block. Never heard of this before but man its been amazing. Have had no pain at all. Nurses cannot believe it. I have a morphine pump next to me for patient administered doses and I have yet to push the button.

Had a bad night from a sleep perspective not due to pain but just my luck i landed in a semi private ward with a guy that is almost spitting image of my old NN.lol Poor guy cant speak a word of english. To top it no one checked his bell. So all night long he would have to holler to get the night crew to respond. I had no idea what the heck was going on with him until i got dayshift nurse to check on him and she found the bell issue. Top it all off the wards summoning bell and room display is right outside my ward door. So it was like trainstation outside all night and i though poor old geyser next to me was hitting the bell and no one was coming. All sorted now the guys got a bell and sleeping , i feel like making a racket just to have him get an idea of what last night was like, but that would be senior abuse not my cup of tea. Got to be tough being old and not speaking a word of english.
Waiting for the physio today.

Thanks for all the well wishes all.
Had a nice suprise last night, my Canadian Scout buddie i go camping with each year at thanksgiving came around to visit and brought a nice vase of spring tulips in to add some color to the room.
Linda was here 7:30 sharp with bacon egg sarmies. ;) and homemade coffee. Now thats what i call a real good wife.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Rob, I swear you probably took that smart phone into the surgery with you! Have a good recovery. After my heart surgery, they gave me some painkillers. Don't know what they were, but I had some really cool hallucinations. Ask around, see if you can get some of those. :D

Continue to have a good recovery, I want to see you at LV one of the times I come up to T.O. this summer.

Good things we nt as planed Rob. You'll be on blood thinners for about 17 days to reduce the chance of blood clots. Did they recycle your own blood during surgery ?
Don't expect to sleep more then 2 to 3 hrs at a time the 1st 2 to 3 weeks. Drink plenty of prune juice, and liquids. PT will start a few days after you get home and remember, icy is your friend.

Thanks Bill.

Well here is my theme song for today some of you may remember this animals song.
I am just changing title from we to me. Lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVpihgwE18

Got two sessions of physio today and then i am off home. Thank goodness dont think I can take having anymore drugs pumped into me.
Boy the pharama guys sure have a good gig going here.
My whole morphine tube that was never used got dumped in the bin. A junkie would go dumpster diving for it. Not me. Lol
Just to make Charles and pic police happy here is a shot of staples and my going home dressing.
uploadfromtaptalk1427285847899.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427285862929.jpg

Gotta hand it to modern medicine. To do this job

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
you should have shaved before the pictures rob,, you look a little rough around the edges,, in our country they shave everything around the cutting spot but they do charge for it. thats probably why you go a better rate:)