I may have discovered the 8th Wonder of the World

I may have discovered the eighth "Wonder of the World." I'm sure you all know the other seven such as the pyramids, the sphinx, the hanging gardens. Well I came upon the Eighth by accident this afternoon.

I am sure all of you, at one time or another, have opened your silicone glue and found that it is now the consistency of a handball. Well I had saved a small amount that only took up about 3/4" in its tube. In the past I have tried wrapping the tube in static cling wrap, sealing the edge of the top where it meets the tube with glue, wrapping with aluminum foil, placing it in a small glass jar, etc.

Anyway over a year ago I started to throw a dab of glue at the end of a project; like I usually do. Then I thought, "What the heck" I may want a bit sometime in the next month and I saved it. I don't know why but I put it into a 1/2 sized plastic sandwich bag, squeezed out the excess air and zipped it closed. I stuck it into my "glue" box. Well this afternoon I wanted a pea sized dab of silicone glue for something. I figured if I drilled down through the tacky bit that there might be that much in the bottom that was still good.

I took off the glue tube cap---Lo and behold there was usable silicone glue...the Eighth Wonder of the World.

Happy gluing and Enjoy,
JimB

I typically wear the blue nitrile gloves when caulking and such. When I'm done, I'll cut one of the fingers off and slip it over the tip of the caulk tube and wrap masking tape around it a couple of times. I've had good luck with this not causing the tube to dry out, rarely do I have to poke through the top layer to use it again either.

I typically wear the blue nitrile gloves when caulking and such. When I'm done, I'll cut one of the fingers off and slip it over the tip of the caulk tube and wrap masking tape around it a couple of times. I've had good luck with this not causing the tube to dry out, rarely do I have to poke through the top layer to use it again either.

Dang, there goes my first and only claim to fame!!!

Enjoy,
JimB