Cam software

Stu,

Is this a good basic shape

There is a flat at the top - .500 Diameter - about 1 cm

Right now this is 10 cm height

I can change the shape REALLY easy - don't be shy about asking - I would be mad if you didn't get EXACTLY what you want.

In your picture I saw a cutout of sorts

Can you do a pencil sketch on a piece of paper with dimensions and scan it?

Parablic Dome for Stu.jpg

Stu,

Is this a good basic shape

There is a flat at the top - .500 Diameter - about 1 cm

Right now this is 10 cm height

I can change the shape REALLY easy - don't be shy about asking - I would be mad if you didn't get EXACTLY what you want.

In your picture I saw a cutout of sorts

Can you do a pencil sketch on a piece of paper with dimensions and scan it?

View attachment 90048

That is just about exactly what I want Leo, you are a mind reader!

The flat on the top of the cone, could that be rounded slightly?

This is the bottom part of an air diffuser that I'm going to make for some AC vents in an interview room, the room that is looked at from the Studio I built last month.

They have this horribly noisy old square vent, well three of them in a room that make a TON of noise as the air blasts over all the sharp edges.

IMG_9166.JPG

You can see it there.

The room is large and has three of these things, the problem is the AC is an old system and it has two settings, too high and too low :doh:

When they have 10 to 12 people in the room in the heat of summer they need the AC on high, and they need a lot of air flow too.

The black hole that I built for inside the studio is kind of over kill for this space, but they were hoping to keep the air flow while knocking some of the noise down.

I know the old square vent cover is a lot of the problem, because if I remove it the noise is a LOT less, but there is a blast of air in a tight column that goes straight down, not what is needed.

I would have a round plate on the ceiling that has the pipe that goes up an attaches to the duct work inside the ceiling and then this cone would be suspended from three or four long bolts so it hangs below the plate on the ceiling. My idea is that the cone would just go into the ceiling a bit, and the air would be evenly distributed out. It would all be painted white to disappear on the ceiling.

Cheers!

OK,

Do you want the flat cutout area in your first picture?

Here it is rounded on top.

You can have it square if you want.

Let me know what you want me to do.

I can change it more if you want - don't be shy to ask.

I can send you the model - or I can code it for you. I just need to know your control.

Parablic Dome for Stu-2.jpgParablic Dome for Stu-3.jpg

OK,

Do you want the flat cutout area in your first picture?

Here it is rounded on top.

You can have it square if you want.

Let me know what you want me to do.

I can change it more if you want - don't be shy to ask.

I can send you the model - or I can code it for you. I just need to know your control.

View attachment 90050View attachment 90051

The round one looks great!

I can import a 3d model into ArtCam express, but I have no idea what format it should be in, sorry.

I'll try to find that out.

PM sent with email etc