Almost something new

Jim Burr

Finally tried Alumilite and am totally amazed! Having done PR for years and sworn off inlace, this was the next logical step for a caster. Already re-ordered another batch. So....all are clear alumilite...bottom has white dye with rainbow pasta. Middle is 4 color peppercorns with green and yellow split peas in clear with a little pearl. Top is yellow split peas in clear with white dye. All on chrome Sierras with various tints. Finish varies in method but all CA.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1427759596732.jpg
    1427759596732.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 50
What a cool idea and a fantastic execution as well. I like the whole thing, totally unique.

Does the alumilite penetrate into any of this stuff at all or are you pretty much relying on the CA to seal stuff up afterwards?

That's folks!
Ryan, Alumilite has no adhesive or penetration ability on a porous or any other type of surface. I don't use CA on these to hold them together...only for finish. I'd like to say it's supreme skill and expertise...but it is really just dumb luck! ;) :rofl:

Ryan, Alumilite has no adhesive or penetration ability on a porous or any other type of surface. I don't use CA on these to hold them together...only for finish. I'd like to say it's supreme skill and expertise...but it is really just dumb luck! ;) :rofl:

Interesting, I was mostly looking at the peppercorns since they're pretty fragile by themselves so wasn't sure how stable they'd be... and it seemed like you managed to cut them pretty cleanly hence the question :D

Don't know if it matters Ryan...but I use a Thompson 3/8" V gouge Tormek 'd on an 800 grit wheel...3200 rpm and a shear presentation...so far it works.