Friday April 3 long weekend so whats up?

Rob Keeble

Well the week has been a long one for me. Pretty much face the next few the same until leg is back to normal.
Drugs restict me from doing anything that requires concentration and steady hand. Driving me crazy. But its getting better by the day.

Whats everyone else up to with the long weekend

Happy Easter ya all.

Long weekend? They're all the same length for a lot of us! :rolleyes:

We spent a few days at LOMLs folks - got back last night. I worked on my CNC this morning making updates to the firmware to clear up a couple of things.

Friday will be some time tweaking my CNC a bit more, then take care of the yard work for the week - mowing, edging, etc.

Saturday will be some shop cleanup along with more playing on my CNC.

Sunday morning, I'll prepare brunch as usual. After that, I guess we'll have to decide on some kind of activity since there's no race! :dunno:

Quick poll: do you get Good Friday off?
nope here.

Long weekend? Oh hah, I guess some folks get Good Friday off... Can't complain though I get plenty of other vacation time :D (and half the time I don't know its a holiday until I show up to an empty office anyway - or LOML smacks me in the back of the head to remind me when I'm heading out the door :rolleyes:).

Drugs restict me from doing anything that requires concentration and steady hand. Driving me crazy. But its getting better by the day.

LOML said that when she was on the pain meds for the broken leg was the first time that daytime television actually seemed interesting/good. That's about when she knew she was taking to much :rofl:

Boss is on call so we're stuck around the house.. Plenty of projects to work on in theory :D We'll see what we get to..

....Drugs restict me from doing anything that requires concentration and steady hand.....
Wandering mind and a shaky hand? Add canvas, a brush and some paint and you're well on your way to being the next great arteest of the day!!

When life hands you lemons, make some lemonade:D

Just finished up another long week at work, start a new sprint tomorrow, but at least taking off early for the weekend. Mostly doing a lot of cleaning and still trying to get the back yard picked up. I did some of the supplies for stabilizing some wood, so will tinker with some of that this weekend.

Brined a ham the other day and Friday night it goes on the smoker. Dries for 8 hours the smokes for 10 hours. Son and family here Sunday to destroy the evidence. To bad the the kids don't like ham. Good weekend for family.
Love and grace to all.

David

Yeah, No long weekend here, Looking at putting some finish on a few chairs, trying to wrap up the chicken coop, and doing a nice ham on Sunday.

Between installing outlets, switches, overhead light, and wall sconces to our remodeled study, I sneaked down to the shop to work on putting my grinder on a new cart and raising it up for required clearance for installation of a new Wolverine jig. I need to get this done since I cannot turn anything until I can resharpen some tools. Monday I am supposed to get my Festool Domino delivered. I can hardly wait to play with it. I ahve 10 feet of cabinets to make for the study, so it should get some use for that project.

Looks like some shop time tomorrow, interspersed with completing the wiring. I spent time in yard earlier in week watering (beautiful here -- in the 70s), and then it turned cold today and snowed. No real accumulation, more of a really wet snow that immediately melted and soaked into the ground.

OK first what is this "Weekend" that you speak of and second why would it be long.....? :huh: ;)

On Sunday I'm going to a clients apartment to install a large Ikea wall storage unit that I've modified so it can be locked. The client is in Japan about 7-8 months a year and the months they are not here they rent out the apartment as a short term business apartment. The client needs somewhere they can store their personal items for the time they are away and the apartment is rented. I was going to build some custom cabinets, but I ran out of time, so the Ikea solution seems to fit the time frame and the budget.

Cheers!

When I worked, I got Good Friday and Easter Monday off. Now every day's a holiday. As usual on this particular weekend I will be surveying the wondrous Cross Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and spending time with the half of my family that can come and see us.

Some Worthless wood casting on a batch of maple burl. Need to figure out the last step of the shaftless crush grind mills....something isn't working as planned. Cooking and cleaning in advance of a clerical visit....that doesn't sound right.

No time off here either. Star Wars Trilogy viewing with the daughter tonight! Can't believe this hasn't happened before! :doh:Shop time tomorrow as the daughter and wife are going to see Wizard of Oz ballet. Saturday night we celebrate Easter with the in-laws and the same with my side of the family on Sunday. My mom has 130 plastic eggs to hide...she's already filled them with change for the 3 grand kids to fight over. :D

Playing a show this evening at one of our regular venues. This one will be interesting because I've installed new firmware in my Fractal Audio amplifier/effects modeler (simulator) and totally re-done all of my settings from scratch, so this will be like using a brand new rig. According to McMillan's Maxim of Musical Mayhem, anything with more than three knobs has more bad setting than good settings. The Fractal unit has the virtual equivalent of thousands and thousands of knobs, so here's hoping I found a few good settings. :D

Saturday will be spent working around the yard and getting stuff piled up for one or more runs to the dump Monday or Tuesday. (No lines on the weekdays.)

Sunday we're gathering with family for ham dinner at my sister's house.