update

tomorrow I pick up a UHaul 26 footer and we start moving things out of the shop into the new shop across the street. I also meet with the insurance adjuster on doing a construction rebuild in the new shop, if that happens there's going to be a lot more money coming to me and there's so many more things that are involved that this morning I was probably bored and I asked a few people for some prayers I'm feeling good about what's happening. I know everything is going to turn out the way it will turn out but doesn't negate the fact that there's a lot to this and dealing with painkillers fire or its just all pretty heavy to deal with. and I thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Dave, you are in my thought often, and will stay there. Hope for the best for you. Seems like things are hitting you pretty hard right now, but it will pass and good time will be again.

Paul I sure hope so some days are good then my mind goes off on a side road and its hard to get back xso I make a phone call. I've set up a good network of friends who all tell me to call them when ever. God is good.

Well my friend, this daunting task(s) is just like eating an elephant. One bite at a time is how you eat an elephant, so one hour or minute at a time to do this task. It is a marathon not a sprint so pace yourself accordingly. I was thinking of you last night, I was messing around with our dog and she came full speed and slid sideways to sit on my feet and when she hit me I thought of you and your knee. Must have been two great minds thinking alike there! Hope the knee is feeling better daily. Nothing wrong with taking the prescribed pain killers to help with the pain, just don't deaden the pain and overdo it. You have a lot invested in that knee, time, money, emotion, etc.. Take care of it and take care of you. Go home in the afternoon and take an hour nap, it will benefit you and the knee. I have faith in you, your abilities, your mentality as well as your maturity telling you what is right and what is wrong. Go eat the elephant and call whenever. :thumb:

Good luck with the new facility Dave, sounds like that may well work out pretty good in the long term once the pain of the move and cleanup and ... is over.

Keep hanging in there on the knee, keep it steady and don't over do it but keep exercising it. It'll get so its better eventually.

Last 2 days myself and a biker friend / contractor having been building walls while Jarrod and 3 helpers moved all the contents to the new shop. All that is left to move is the spray booth , strip and wash tanks. So things are happening.
Today was my last day for PT I'm at 98% rotation, now to straighten and pain to disappear.

Sounds as if things are movung right along for you. I still have to find that ferry and cross the river. You mentioned it a few years back and I think f it often. Just don't get down that way much anymore.

Dave I finally made the trip to White's Ferry and sure enjoyed it. As I have said we moved over to Ohio this year and had one more vehicle to bring over here. So we flew into Philly during the transit strike, with the help of a good friend made it to Lancaster. Got the house deal close and headed back to Ohio in the RV. Made it down to Green Belt national park the first night and the next morning headed to the Ferry which had been on my bucket list since you first mentioned it years ago. It was early November and the drive was beautiful and the neat little Ferry was a delightful step back into history. Walked around a bit and read it was where part of the south forded the river before the battle of Gettysburg. Thanks for mentioning this little slice of history here on Family Woodworking.