It's Friday! 4/24/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Finally Friday! Looking forward to not doing much this weekend after the past couple of weeks. I do have to go walk for the Corporate Challenge tonight, hopefully the rain and hail will hold off for that. Other than that we've got some cleaning to get done. If I'm feeling ambitious we may start pulling up floor in our kitchen to put new down, but have a few other projects that need to be finished first around the house.

What's everyone else got going?

Playing a quick 2-hour show tonight. Doing chores and such around the house on Saturday, and Sunday we'll be having an 85th birthday party for my dad. :thumb:

Friday: I'm taking a quick break from mowing our lawn right now. Later, it will be lay out in a lunge chair and watch the wind blow.

Saturday: Figure out why the Arduino Uno card on my CNC quit communicating. USB connects and it shows in Device Manager but suddenly quit talking! Evening will be watching the Richmond race.

Sunday: Chill out - maybe some shop time since there's not a Sunday race. Prepare for the arrival of my oldest daughter and her fiance; they're flying into Atlanta late and should be at our home around midnight! Yay.....

Got a lot of gardening to do. Need to move the Coop to its final destination, and fence in the chicken run.

Might play around with making a giant sundial if I get a little time.

Yesterday we went over to some friends house for cards... spent the afternoon at that, had a great meal of spare ribs, salad and baked mac&cheese...

Was going to till the garden today for LOML, so she can get her tomatoes in the ground, but it rained last night, so it's too wet to plow. guess I'll do a bit in the shop... first market is this coming Saturday, plus local Art Guild is holding an art show that I'll have a few pieces in... need to finish two pieces for that. Sometime today is the TN Orange and White game... spring football exhibition..

Sunday, more of the same... sure could use some football this weekend.

Late on Arbor day but friend sent me some Canaan for trees to plant. May end up with a jungle. Anyway got 11 planted. Tomatoes in strawed,
tubed for irrigation. Now wait for the harvest.
By the way those Canaan firs are from Christmas tree farm and make dandy Christmas trees, but LOML said no way for cutting decorate them in the yard.
David

...By the way those Canaan firs are from Christmas tree farm and make dandy Christmas trees, but LOML said no way for cutting decorate them in the yard.
David

Just hope the Xmas tree thieves don't come by while you're away, or sleeping. That happens here just about every year. Somebody loses a nice yard tree to the thieves.

Jim, those trees came from your neck of the woods. Timbuk all plant farm. They grow a bunch. Yes I've thought of the tree thieves.
What can you do? Just the way of things now a days.
David