Lathe Dust Collection Snake

AS I'm no turner, I guess that the "S" is to collect the shavings directly from the tool as they will fly inside it on their own, hence improving the effectiveness of the aspiration.

What I do not know is what is that pillow behind it is for, to take quick naps resting on the lathe when you get tired?:huh:

THE PILLOW

OK I will try again. I was having problems earlier.

Two "Wrongs" on the "S" guess. I will post the answer Tuesday. I picked Tuesday to give a couple non-weekend days for some more guesses.

Toni asked about the "Pillow" behind the lathe. Some pics will explain the Pillow easier than words.

Enjoy,
JimB

Attachments

• Face Shield (1).jpg
    Face Shield (1).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Face Shield (2).jpg
    Face Shield (2).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Face Shield (3).jpg
    Face Shield (3).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 51
Either because you wanted it that way or some reason you'll make me feel stupid about not knowing...the guessing begins!

OK I will try again. I was having problems earlier.

Two "Wrongs" on the "S" guess. I will post the answer Tuesday. I picked Tuesday to give a couple non-weekend days for some more guesses.

Toni asked about the "Pillow" behind the lathe. Some pics will explain the Pillow easier than words.

Enjoy,
JimB

All right, it is a dust cover for your mask. I should have guessed, but it fooled me completely. Thanks Jim.

Is it Tuesday yet? Is it Tuesday yet?? We got S to know!!

OK! I GOOFED!! Most of you don't know it yet but---When you get old you don't even know what day it is because your brains have all leaked out.

The shaped DC ducting is the kind you can put into most shapes and it will stay there. You can stretch it out about 3x its collapsible length.
Glenn grabbed it and shaped it because it looked so, are you ready for this, Sexy.

Now wasn't that worth waiting for???

Enjoy,
JimB