OMG..I'm a Piddarler

Piddler Glenn what color wheel u using ? Curious please.

I have two; the Grumbacher "Color Computer" which is good for seeing the effect of red, white, black, blue and yellow on the standard colors of the wheel and I have the Color Concepts "the Finisher's Colorwheel" which deals with umbers, siennas and cordovan and is more specific to wood coloration. I imagine folks who dye and stain a lot get a feel for this but, I do it few and far between and so enjoy them as a reference.

Proud Piddler here, and married to another one (she's a quilter on her second long are quilt machine). We earned it. We worked hard, paid our dues, and now we're in a position we don't have to make money off our hobbies. People keep wanting me to make a bunch of something and sell them somewhere. I smile and tell them, then it would be work, not fun. I'll keep piddling and if something inspires me, I'll make it.

Gee, all that sounds familiar.

My wife is also an avid quilter, and she just last week got her second long-arm quilting machine - a Handiquilter Avante.

Friends and family keep telling both of us we should build/make in quantity and sell. Neither of us want to do that. Like you and your wife, we paid our dues, and now we're in a position we don't have to make money off our hobbies.

We each worked for over 40 years to earn the ability to do whatever we like, and neither of us ever want a job, again.

Last edited: