Mistake? Colored Nails Heads Pin Nailer

Bob Spare

By accident long time ago bought nails for my pin nailer.
The heads were colored "BROWN" thinking that this was
the way it was, never gave it second thought.............
until started to run out of them.

No one seems to know anything about them, and been looking at three locations. Talking to minimum wage people, so took it upon myself to look..............no results.

Is this a mistake?:dunno: :dunno:

Hi Bob,

Don't know about pin nails, but the last batch of 18 gauge brads I bought had brown heads. They were bostitch from one of the borgs, bout a year ago.
(forgot to add, the PC nails I've got aren't painted)

Just got a narrow crown stapler yesterday, I can see why cabinet factories love them things.

Good luck finding some. I guess you could always cut the top off the box and get some brown spray paint too :D

Hi Bob,

Don't know about pin nails, but the last batch of 18 gauge brads I bought had brown heads. They were bostitch from one of the borgs, bout a year ago.
(forgot to add, the PC nails I've got aren't painted)

Just got a narrow crown stapler yesterday, I can see why cabinet factories love them things.

Good luck finding some. I guess you could always cut the top off the box and get some brown spray paint too :D

On anoher forum they said Bostich (sp) has them, (the brown headed pin nails )I was looking in the Porter Cable bins.

You are going to love your narrow crown stapler, had mine a year.............but there are times I wished I had a wide crown...........well I took care of that got one on order will be here the first of the month.

Ended up getting Senco, it will handle from 1/2 depth
to 1/12 and all in between. Senco cost $169. The model they show in their catalog only handles 3 size staples cost $149.00 for $20 more got the full range of staples
The other major brands were $225 to over $300

If you decide to get the wide crown let me know as there is a special part number for the stapler not listed:dunno: in the catalog. I talked direct to the company and the model number is what they suggested.

Have had good luck with Senco,
producing many picture frames and want it to join the 45 degree from the back side.:type:

You can spray paint the heads any color you want while still in the stick. I haven't done this myself but have been told by one that did it worked slick.. Might be worth trying on a stick or two.
Garry

tell me why

the crown stplers are the cats meow? i have seen some trim work done with and it wasnt what i thought to be the best tool for the job. so enlightne me where they shine,, i have heard they are great guns but as of yet hadnt got any good reasons why ..from anyone that had some clout like you guys.:dunno: :dunno:

Don't know as I'd use one for trim work Larry, 'less maybe it was going to be filled and painted. My excuse was for attatching flashing to windows, but also very handy for tacking bits of wood together when needed, and for cabinet box assembly - I've been using screws up til now.

the crown stplers are the cats meow? i have seen some trim work done with and it wasnt what i thought to be the best tool for the job. so enlightne me where they shine,, i have heard they are great guns but as of yet hadnt got any good reasons why ..from anyone that had some clout like you guys.:dunno: :dunno:

I use stapler gun behind the scenes where they dont show,
has BETTER holding power than regular nailers.:thumb:

Use the pin nailer in front where it shows, that is the reason for the colored nails.

Last edited: