knockdown guitar stand in cherry - (video)

Art Mulder

Hi Everyone,

My son is learning to play the bass guitar. For his birthday, I promised to make him a guitar stand. We wanted something nice, so that the guitar could be out on display in his room, instead of hidden away in the guitar case.

After looking around online I came across takeastandinc.com. They sell a very interesting guitar stand, with lovely flowing lines. Even more importantly, their stand comes apart. I was very interested in making a knock-down stand, so that it would be easier for him to move or transport.

My design is based on one of their designs. It is not a direct copy -- for one thing I have no idea what the dimensions are of their product. But it is heavily influenced by them.

Here’s my build video of the process:

Wow, That is nice. I've got a few of the metal mass produced ones, but clearly I need to copy your copy of their design!

Great job and great video Art, Thanks for posting it and the time you spent making the video and the pics.
I love the desing and the making.

A question if I may, did you ever think about making the neck support in the same shape as the foot (adapted to hold the guitar of course)? I think that as it is now it looks a bit out of place.

Maybe you want to try it as it is a detached piece, shouldn't take long or so I think.