Add A Drum Machine to Your Guitar

I had much the same thoughts, Dan. That, plus the eight gajillion wires he has hooked up to his guitar makes it a little tough to use anywhere but at home. :)

If they are just triggers, I can't see why he's got all that other stuff attached to the bottom. I've looked at building my own aux trigger pad for my drum kit, and it's not all that difficult.

I'm sure that could be easily streamlined to a single wire for drum signals and guitar, or heck, why not just go wireless.

Pretty clever.

...I'm sure that could be easily streamlined to a single wire for drum signals and guitar, or heck, why not just go wireless.

Pretty clever.

Back in the early '90s a friend and former student of mine designed and built a MIDI multiplexer with a set of thin film touchpads that were mounted on the guitar itself. He was sending MIDI control information and his guitar's audio signal through a standard guitar cable (or wireless rig). He even built MIDI control of the pickup selection on the guitar, so that could be incorporated into the MIDI program as well. With a single tap of a finger, he could switch patches from anywhere on stage.

He tried marketing it to all the big name companies, but he never got any takers.

Yeah I mean we all know that all you really need is a banjo.

I first saw Danny do this at a Beer & Bluegrass festival in PDX which was a somewhat surreal moment given where we were in the evening...

I don't think anyone can deny that Bella has the chops.

Style wise I'm personally somewhat more partial to a more traditional picking style like my cousin Mike does: