Truck under seat storage

Rob Keeble

uploadfromtaptalk1433432677212.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433432685710.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433432694300.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433432720200.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433432706240.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433432737571.jpg

After installing last of the aftermarket accessories on the new truck, i quickly knocked together this pine and bbply fully knock down under rear seat storage box.

As those of you with a truck will know their aint no trunk and while the crewcab has loads of floor space, it does not stop things like emergency items or groceries from rolling around.

Was determined to get this done in a hurry and use what was on hand and be cheap. Had to purchase the corner brackets from LV they in the bed hardware section if anyone is interested.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware/page.aspx?p=50302&cat=3,40842,43730&ap=1

Last edited:
I just pile stuff in the back seat area until it gets too full.

My 'back seat' is really too small for anyone but dogs or small children.

I really like this idea. I might have to see if I can copy it.

Nice solution Rob. My last pickup had something similar, though it had fold down seats to make a platform, so I ended up removing them as I used it more and couldn't fold them down with them in place.

Why did you use brackets instead of just pocket screwing it together, or dado's and glue?
On a crewcab, does the backseat lift up like the extended cabs, or do you pull the box out/forward?

Randal seats lift up. As to pocket screws etc, i wanted a box that should we be somewhere with the truck and wish to use full space behind front seats for whatever reason, i could fold the box flat without a tool. Pocket screws would have meant undoing them with a tool and if that had to happen more that once or twice i am not sure it would hold together again. Besides i had to sell it to the madam as something that would not take up space yet be useful to prevent stuff from rolling and sliding around.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk