My turn

to request thoughts & wishes...My wife JoAnn is having heart problems, possibly due to a bad valve...While testing they also found something about her kidney they want to investigate further..any-ways, in the middle of running around right now, will fill you all in when I know something more definitive...T.I.A.

Thanks folks, you're the greatest!!!

Atrial fibrillation is what they're calling it, along with a slightly leaking valve that has a restricted opening...waiting on more tests and for her heart to slow back down to normal via the drugs. They put the scare in us with their worry of blood clots, so that's another avenue they're diving into.

At least the kidney scare was due to language confusion...One of the docs wanted more tests due to her use of pain killers the past year or so, but that's been either put out or onto the back burner for now {unsure as I don't speak nor understand half of what the Doc from the other side of the world says, but the RN's both said it's cool let it slide for now :dunno:}

My heartfelt thanks to you all for being a crutch in the clutch...been a long day and I'm headed back at dawn...can't say it enough, Thank you one and all, you folks rock :headbang:

Hope and Prayers.

In years past I had issues with palpatations. It got pretty severe, to the point where I needed a surgical procedure. It was a relatively quick procedure and I was in and out in a couple of days. Basically they rewired a couple of electrical impulses. Since 2006 - I have not had another episode. I think the fibrillation is a very similar procedure. If it is I would recommend having it done.

Ken,
Sending my good thoughts your way also... I just went through something similar to your situation this past year... in Dec 2013 my wife came down with an infection, they called it a septic infection... she spent about 4 months in either the hospital or nursing center treating that, then had a small stroke after she got home, so back to the hospital for another month, with the infection back, and it had attached itself to her mitral valve in her heart, so we had open heart surgery to replace that, then another round of antibiotics at home to continue the treatment on the infection. Now she's having trouble with her back as the infection ate away some of the disc in her lower back and allowed two of the bones to contact bone on bone and they fused together. She's good for about 15 minutes standing then she has to get off her feet. Doctors only give her a 50/50 or less chance that any surgery would help. Plus she's diabetic. She's also suffered from Atrial fibulations since in her 20's... she on pretty heavy doses of blood thinners, so that has to be checked every month....

Take good care of her, she's precious.