new link belt

Frank Fusco

My refurbished $20.00 garage sale table saw was giving me fits. Wouldn't finish a cut without stopping the blade.:mad: Didn't take long to figure out my new belt had stretched way beyond usefulness. I got it at Orschelin's, it is a DEVCO brand. Under an hour use and now useless.:( I had seen positive comments about link belts and wanted to give them a try but the prices were a deterrent. Then I saw an ad for them from Harbor Freight at $25.00. Worth a try. Installing was easier than the instructions would lead one to believe.:huh:
And, now, as others have reported it has made a dramatic change. Saw runs smoothly (HF calls it a "vibration free" belt) and blade just seems to whistle. I swear it is running faster. Color me happy. :D

I have been running link belts for about a decade. Have yet to replace one. I have them on nearly anything that will take one. My bandsaw and drill press are almost silent . . . spooky. I have used the HF brand (forget the actual maker) with Fenner Drives brand, even using sections from each, without issue.

I have been running link belts for about a decade. Have yet to replace one. I have them on nearly anything that will take one. My bandsaw and drill press are almost silent . . . spooky. I have used the HF brand (forget the actual maker) with Fenner Drives brand, even using sections from each, without issue.

That's been my experience, too. Got a friend out in Azuza, CA that uses the Fenner red belting on his spoke making machines. Probably has about 500 feet - or more- of it on various machinery. Been using it for over 25 years. Seldom, if ever, has a belt failure.

I have been using the Fenner RED link belt on my band saw for probably 15 years, and never found a problem with it. Next (when it needs a new belt) will be my belt sander. They may be a little expensive, but I think they are worth every penny.

Glad to see they worked out well for you, Frank. I put the HF link belts on my jointer and drill press, and they smoothed both machines up considerably. :thumb: