Whoooeeee That Hurt

Ted Calver

Staff member
After fourteen hours of screaming bad pain and three hours in the ER, I am the proud owner of a 3mm kidney stone! I think I'll name it Heiroglyphics in honor of all the bad words I called it during it's trip:D

BTDT! Bad words for sure!

Cure is lots of clear water everyday. Have not had another attack since 1983. Four before that before I learned. FWIW.

You hear that........ that's me knocking on wood. Never had one and hope I don't. My SIL said give her childbirth any day. Glad you made it through Ted!

Last edited:
Glad you survived, Ted! Fortunately, I've only dealt with one in my many years, but it must have broken and scraped the tube on its way out. Believe me - that sure wasn't any fun!!!

My sympathies!!!

I've never had one, but our one dog used to not drink enough water because he didn't have a dog door and would get uncomfortable while we were at work got one once (I tried putting him in an outside kennel but you'd have thought I was murdering him with a dull knife from the sound of it). When he passed it he made the saddest sounds I've ever heard come out of a dog Shortly after we moved to the new house and put in a dog door so he doesn't feel obligated to dehydrate himself to not feel uncomfortable and no problems since then.

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts. It was a bit of an ordeal and am glad it's over. It took 72 years to build that one, so hopefully that's the end of it.