It's Friday! Well Almost...7/2/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's my friday at least, I have tomorrow off. My wife is getting off work early and they are going to some chick flick with a guy named Mike in it. Then picking her up and heading to dinner with some family. Tomorrow I'm planning to get the Keezer started, maybe brew a batch or three, get some pork butts in a brine, and some ribs ready for Saturday morning. Then on Saturday, get the meat on the smoker, then have some tile to put down in the laundry room, and probably will get in some yard work before the fireworks show(s) start. Then it's off to watch them from the pool and back deck. Sunday we pickup the grandson and enjoy a little time with him.

What's everyone else got going?

Off to buy some fireworks and celebration goodies. Also have an opportunity to visit a home being build al la Frank Lloyd Wright. My son in law is helping the owner finish the inside. There are tons of QSWO being consumed on this build and they just acquired a large CNC to use with some of the details. The owner has put together an impressive shop with some commercial grade equipment. I think this is gonna be fun.

I finished powerwashing the driveway this morning, finally tomorrow my son will be here early and we are seal coating it.
(last time I will do this job, ever. after this, I hire it out)
after that, me and him are headed over to see the new Jurassic park movie, as long as Im not pooped out and in pain.
then we were discussing bbq time later tomorrow evening.
July fourth, usual stuff, sunday is housecleaning, yes, Im going to assist elen, laundry, and whatever else she needs me to do.
funny thing is, I don't mind cleaning bathrooms and fridge.
not a very exciting weekend.
Might pack Monday night in case there is a 1 percent chance we can leave Tuesday afternoon for jons.

Right now - Thursday evening - we're recovering from a few days in Apalachicola, FL. We like to drive down there every year or so and this time it was a treat for my granddaughter who is heading to college this Fall.

Friday will need to be lawn mowing and a bit of other lawn maintenance. I should be able to get in some shop time during breaks from the heat.

Saturday, I plan to catch up on a couple of updates to my CNC - newest grbl version and test limit switch setup.

Sunday will be the usual routine: brunch, chill, NASCAR. One nice change to the routine is my granddaughter makes some great French toast!!!

All up in the air. Got a lot of work coming it :) call for a lot of rain.
If not rain bike ride party Saturday, Sunday may spend timein the shop. Need to change oil in the bike.

I have a fair amount of yardwork and general house cleaning to do in preparation for a big surprise retirement party we're throwing for my sister next weekend.

Also have a bunch of Pink Floyd music I need to learn and programming I need to do with my guitar rig (and guitar synthesizer). We're working on pretty much all of Side B from Dark Side of the Moon, plus Dogs and Pigs (Three Different Ones) from Animals and one or two from Wish You Were Here.

Sunday, one of my bandmates and I are taking our wives shooting. Neither of the wives are very much into guns and such, but they agree they need to have some familiarity with them. Kian has a gun her dad gave her as a teenager, and I won't give her access to it until she can show me she can manipulate it. (Safety check, load, unload, etc.) ;)

The rest of the weekend will be one big ad lib. We'll be making it up as we go. :D

Myself and 4 or 5 others are making about a ton of popcorn friday evening.:eek: The Lions club sells bags of it at the fireworks and the town green during and after the parade. We are also selling raffle tickets to a red sox game. Later in the afternoon my kids and grandkids are coming over for a cookout. Have to find time to swing by the store and pick up some fireworks for the kids.

Working on the variance stuff. Hope to submit on Monday. Very complex, but the planning department has been very helpful, for which I am grateful.

Tomorrow, maybe some outside chores. My space is getting over grown with flowers and I discovered it is my job to keep them barbered. Well, alrighty then. Then prep the place so I can be gone a few days. Next weekend in AZ for some business and some R&R. When I get back, the first shipment of the CNC build should be arriving. WooHoo!

Got Jim to do a little flat work
37b6649e419821baf2f019a8c2eb15fc.jpg
9dbad7275790b0988d96a0b8e3df073d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That cabinet came from the Pyramid Valley Flatworkers remanded to the Isolated Desert Compound. It was fun building a box...may seem ordinary, but when everything I make is round....well, you know;)