Upload from android tablet?

Roger Tulk

I've been trying to upload a picture from my Android tablet. I go through the normal process with it but when I select a picture there is no obvious way to open it so that attachments manager can see that it is selected.

Any hints? Otherwise I may have to wait until I get back home after the gathering . I am in Alberta at the moment, will be in Indiana this week God willing. See you then, some of you.

I've been trying to upload a picture from my Android tablet. I go through the normal process with it but when I select a picture there is no obvious way to open it so that attachments manager can see that it is selected.

Any hints? Otherwise I may have to wait until I get back home after the gathering . I am in Alberta at the moment, will be in Indiana this week God willing. See you then, some of you.

Easiest suggestion would be to install either the tapatalk or forum runner apps from the play store, there is a free version, but it does have ads. I use the paid version of Tapatalk. As for using file upload from the web page in your web browser, it typically will show some the supported apps on your device to browse for files on your device, that will be specific to your device and I don't know which ones you have to suggest one, also may depend on the web browser you're using. I'm using the chrome browser on my phone and it doesn't even come up with any that will browse my local files to attach, so I'll have to do some research to see which apps are supported for browsing local files from it and report back here.

Yeah, unfortunately Android is an ecosystem not a thing so there is a lot of difference between some of the devices. Which tablet do you have? It was relatively straightforward on my nexus 7 but others I've seen don't even resemble it at all despite both being Android.

Yeah, unfortunately Android is an ecosystem not a thing so there is a lot of difference between some of the devices. Which tablet do you have? It was relatively straightforward on my nexus 7 but others I've seen don't even resemble it at all despite both being Android.

Which app does your browser launch to browse for the file?

Which app does your browser launch to browse for the file?

I'll have to check when I get home (and probably re-charge the tablet enough I can use it.. :eek:). As I recall it asked if I wanted to use the document browser or the camera. The camera launches the camera app which usually isn't that useful since its better to take the picture and decide first, so I usually use the doc browser (but I can't remember what the actual name of the document browser app is).

Note that this is base android not one of the vendor skinned ones, I was trying to use someone elses skinned android phone the other day and basically NONE of the stock apps or interfaced even resembled my phone or tablet. Grumble.