first state board test

Dan Noren

Staff member
before i closed up for the weekend, i decided to get a test of the state boards done. not that i am inclined to my home state, but i figured it would be a good start. the over all size is 8 x 18 inches. learned a few things on this test run as well. changed the depth of cut from .0313 for the state outline and name to .032. that, and i need to move the holes in about an inch, to get away from the edge, that and i should change the lettering from outline to fill. this one was also a timed run, all in all, just under 22 minutes from start to finish.

Attachments

• minnesota.jpg
    minnesota.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 30
  • minnesota 2.jpg
    minnesota 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 24
Good concept, Dan! Those should go over well at your shows.

Are you doing your boards with Cut2D? Also, what bit or bits do you use for the different parts?

thanks bill! yup, done with cut2d. only bits that i used were a 60 degree engraving bit for the lettering and the state outline (at .032" from the surface), and 2 flute end mill for the holes.

Dan this stateboard of yours had me think of those US maps which take all the quarters for the different states. You could setup to do one of those. Even make the states a puzzle piece with a place for its quarter.
I nearly have a full set still have a few qtrs to go.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk