My new Office

Ned Bulken

newcar.jpg

there's a shot of my new rolling office. a 2006 Prius! Snazzy graphics package and everything. fully loaded with the upscale bells and whistles package from Toyota GPS, DVD navigation system, 6 disc changer and backup camera, plus a pedestal mount for my laptop, and mobile broadband. Should be pretty comfy for those long drives interrupted by long walks while taking my photos.

Here's the back view, which is even louder than the front.
newcar2.jpg

Have to get my round tuit and get the front yard picked up one of these days. huh?

Oh, and I also joined the networked generation, have to upload photos every night, so I needed a LAN, got a new wireless router installed today, but forgot to buy an extra cat6 cable, so I'll have to pick one up on my travels.
tomorrow.
Why a cable for a wireless router? throughput is better when hard wired, though I can hook up via wireless with ease as well for general use. The nightly upload will take too long via wireless (or so I'm told).

Enjoy the Prius. My son is a 'green' advocate. He loves his Prius and spends more time on a Prius chat forum than us nuts do here. BTW, you will get better milage stop and go than on the highway. :huh:

Enjoy the Prius. My son is a 'green' advocate. He loves his Prius and spends more time on a Prius chat forum than us nuts do here. BTW, you will get better milage stop and go than on the highway. :huh:

I've already noticed that, the Prius is designed to be most efficient where other cars are least efficient; in the city especially in stop and go traffic. I will be doing a LOT of that, so I expect I'll be in the 50+ mpg range most of the time. I consistently got 40+ with my 4 cyl mazda Protege, last summer, I'm looking forward to playing the 'maximum mpg' game with the new wheels.