Friday once again

And its a beautiful day here in the outer beltway region or Maryland , don't know what in store for this weekend. I do have a shop full of furniture to finish. No plans other then work and maybe a ride plus church.

Have family coming in from MN tonight...I'll be out in the heat grilling food for everyone while they are all inside in the AC. :huh: I'll stay cold with a few beers.:thumb: Tomorrow my dad and I are gonna work on building a bike rack that will hold 4 bikes for a trip coming up in a few weeks. Sunday will be some pool time and relaxing.

A grocery store trip this morning, helping a friend (my only friend since we recently moved here lol). He's bringing a life size elk he cut on his plasma table and we're going to use my TIG welder to stitch the pieces together. Then maybe a quiet evening at home and tomorrow an hour and a half drive each way to pick up the teenager from church camp! Maybe some more time Sunday to play in the shop.

Planning to spend some time with the grandson, do yard work, try to cleanup the laundry room and get some tile laid, then maybe get another brew burping to keep the pipeline filled. Have some new gadgets to play with on the arduino, so may do a little of that also.

Since returning from our "vacation" Thursday afternoon, we've been in recovery mode! Two days of walking around St. Augustine, then five days of walking and stairs on the Carnival Fascination whipped me out. At least I'm back in my shop today!!!

One thing I did before we left on our trip was to download a bunch of tutorial videos from Vectric. I viewed several of them on our cruise and now it's time to put some new knowledge to work.

More shop time Saturday. Hopefully, the final cut on a piece for my son; then test carves on a couple other items.

Sunday should be our usual routine of brunch, chill, NASCAR(Indy400), chill, etc., etc., etc...........

Looking forward to the end of this work day as I will be on vacation next week:woot: nothing really planned, maybe a trip to the range and blow the dust out of the barrels, maybe some local touring with some watering holes in between:)

Keeping my newly poured driveway extension wet so it cures well in this heat...without flooding the crawlspace; At least a full day of weeding to bring the garden back up to standards; At least a couple of Mojitos from that giant mint patch taking over the back yard.

CNC build today and tomorrow. Work on Sunday. Maybe more CNC that afternoon. CNC is for weekends only, well, Friday and Saturday. But I have some work travel coming up which will disrupt that plan.

Wonder why I never plan food like you guys do? :huh: Maybe when I have a real kitchen again - NOT! No interest in cooking. Not even much interest in eating, unless someone else is cooking! Eating out is also boring. And no room for dabbling in brews and bubbly stuff.

we don't have any solid plans yet, besides the supermarket.

I did get out there this morning and moved the mirror project Im working on a bit more, got the tile set up, so Ill let that cure for 2 days or so, before I grout.
Ill post some pics when I know if Im finishing it or not.(I don't know anything about laying tile, grouting, so this is a first for me, if I don't like it, it gets dumped.

other than that, Im a free man today, so Ill head over and get myself a nice turkey on whole wheat bagel for lunch, and that, is my total set plans for the weekend.

Fighting a summer cold that's trying to take root, but in the meantime I hope to build a trellis for a grapevine in the back yard, as well as various and sundry yard maintenance chores. Saturday I'll be helping to move a refrigerator that we sold to a young couple that are friends of ours. Also, still putting in a lot of woodshedding time working on songs for the new band. Not only is the playing a challenge, but programming the electronic gear to get the right guitar tones has been keeping me busy.

Seems everybody has some nice plans for the most part. My shop got a total invasion of them thar little sugar ants and have been doing battle with them. Think I have them beat down to the nubs now. Just seems to be a bunch of dead ones now. Killed them by spraying most everything down with vinegar and in the morning I will first be setting up bait traps with a mix of cornmeal, sugar, and borax. That'll teach 'em to invade my domain!!!

Made a few mistakes this week. One, I decided to clean up my office. IT was full of little boxes of stuff and papers and things, so to clean that up, I moved all that stuff to the shop.

Then I figured might as well clean up our little store room. My usb cables and wall warts and assorted electronic geegaws were getting out of control. So all that got moved out to the shop.

Then I got a new weight lifting setup, so I had to clear out my old setup, move in the new, set that up.

Well, that needs to go to the storage unit in town. And we want to get rid of that storage unit, so I've got to bring back the few remaining things from there tomorrow that we want to keep.

Then I need to setup the other stuff we don't want to keep down there and get it all craig listed. But the other stuff has to come back and then it all needs to be organized and setup in storage here.

Also need to figure of what other stuff we have here that should be gotten rid of.

So basically, my future consists of sorting, organizing, moving. It's almost like we are moving.

Not much fun stuff in the future, but hopefull will have a much more organized home with less clutter and junk, I hope.

Well we on the road today headed for Nova Scotia. Got trailer back together enough for trip. Were in Montreal tonight at a KOA. Early start headed to Fredericton in am. This truck is a beauty. Its loaded to point it cannot take another thing. All sons stuff we getting to offload on him. Lol.
Trucks pulls amazing for V6 engine. Ford sure has come up with some neat tech with this turbo boost engine. Gas consumption is hard to tell given we have all this what is abnormal weight for us add that to our crazy highway and it don't make for steady driving. Someday maybe humanity will learn how to enter a highway from and onramp and not pull on and stop the traffic. Duh.
Will update my trailer repair thread when i get a chance and pics sorted. Will only be we back though. So weekend is driving and more driving. Around 2000km give or take.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Working on the New Bedford sign. It is finished machining. Building the internal framing and mounting hardware - then to start painting. I have painted one coat of primer already on the face.

Also working on Hummingbird plaques. They are all sanded and have 2 coats of lacquer. I need to mask and glaze.