trying to give an old mirror life again, saved it from the garbage truck, I hope

You might lowball a carving piece of art at 1500 dollars, and not get buyers.
You can walk into any furniture store and see particle board bedroom sets for 2500 dollars. They sell like hotcakes, go figure.
Practical/necessary furniture is a lot easier sell than art, but Im sure you know that already, being an artist.
I don't expect anyone to give me 800 dollars for a mirror like that, but I will never work for peanuts or free, unless I want to, as in family or charity.

yes, the sideboard(I call it a buffet) was one of the first things I built when I started working with hardwoods.

actually, every piece of furniture in my house except 2 sofas and my bed I built.(nor did I do my own kitchen cabinets)

my sons home, everything in there was built by me, kitchen, dining room, living room, den, master bedroom set, beds for his guest room, office cabs and desk, finished basement bar, tables, 2 TV consoles, on his patio, table and chairs, and assorted other little things.
I get my moneys worth out of the tools I purchase.

Last edited:
That came out very nice! And looking at the prices of cheap furniture in the stores today, I wouldn't be ashamed to be firm at $800 at all. In front of the right buyer it'll go in an instant! :D

I don't expect any buyers to be coming into my home, but in the past Ive had 2 requests for something I built and when I gave an outrageous price, I was surprised one person only tried to get me down 30% off my asking price, shocked me for sure.

Dude, why do you have a framed picture of a door? :rofl:

attachment.php

The mirror came out looking great! Well done, buddy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

...my sons home, everything in there was built by me, kitchen, dining room, living room, den, master bedroom set, beds for his guest room, office cabs and desk, finished basement bar, tables, 2 TV consoles, on his patio, table and chairs, and assorted other little things...

I got exhausted just reading the list. Allen "The Machine" Levine, indeed! :thumb: