Anyone ready for a swap?

Hi Guys.

I am still missing some addresses,

According to my records ( if I'm not mistaken) the people highlighted haven't sent me their address yet. There is plenty of time but please do not forget about it.

1 Bill Arnold
2 Glenn Bradley
3 Jeff Bower
4 Charles Hans
5 Leo Voisine
6 Carol Reed
7 Dan Mooney
8 Brent Dowell
9 Toni Ciuraneta
10 Tom Niemi
11 Roger Tulk
12 Jim Delaney
13 Dan Noren
14 Ryan Mooney
15 Bill Satko
16 Bob Gibson
17 Ted Calver
18 Robert Johnson
19 Jim C Bradley
20 David Johnson
21 Jim Burr
22 Tom Baugues
23 Vaughn McMillan
24 Jonathan Shively
25 Steve Bellinger
26 Terry Quiram

A little late but I am in as well. Address to follow.

1 Bill Arnold
2 Glenn Bradley
3 Jeff Bower
4 Charles Hans
5 Leo Voisine
6 Carol Reed
7 Dan Mooney
8 Brent Dowell
9 Toni Ciuraneta
10 Tom Niemi
11 Roger Tulk
12 Jim Delaney
13 Dan Noren
14 Ryan Mooney
15 Bill Satko
16 Bob Gibson
17 Ted Calver
18 Robert Johnson
19 Jim C Bradley
20 David Johnson
21 Jim Burr
22 Tom Baugues
23 Vaughn McMillan
24 Jonathan Shively
25 Steve Bellinger
26 Terry Quiram
27 Bob Horky

Now I had better get started.

A little late but I am in as well. Address to follow.

1 Bill Arnold
2 Glenn Bradley
3 Jeff Bower
4 Charles Hans
5 Leo Voisine
6 Carol Reed
7 Dan Mooney
8 Brent Dowell
9 Toni Ciuraneta
10 Tom Niemi
11 Roger Tulk
12 Jim Delaney
13 Dan Noren
14 Ryan Mooney
15 Bob Gibson
16 Ted Calver
17 Robert Johnson
18 Jim C Bradley
19 David Johnson
20 Jim Burr
21 Tom Baugues
22 Vaughn McMillan
23 Jonathan Shively
24 Steve Bellinger
25 Terry Quiram
26 Bob Horky

Now I had better get started.

Sorry anyone, but I need to be the first and hopefully the only one to drop out. I really got caught up in the moment, but now that I am home from my vacation, I realize that I don't need to add another straw to the camels back (link for Toni's benefit). I realize that everyone is busy, but I know what is best for me and that is concentrating on what I need to get done in the next 3 to 4 months. I apologize to everyone.

No problem Bill, there will be more ocasions, and thanks for the link.

Here we say ( literally translated) the drop that made the glass overflow.

That's it! A chingadera: noun cognate of the Spanish verb "chingar", which originally meant "to split lengthwise". In current usage, chingadera refers to anything for which the speaker has momentarily forgotten the word, especially things of little value or broken. Chingar may still refer poetically to splitting things lengthwise, though most Spanish speakers are now unaware of this archaic sense. Thus: "una chingadera de leñas" means either a small pile of firewood, or some quantity of split firewood, such as a cord.

Perfect!

Thanks, Don.

One more edit: I have been advised that the above definition of a chingadera is not complete and that an alternative definition uses the f-bomb in its description. Also that the proper spelling is chingadara.

Here is what I have to say about that. See above highlighted text. That is my meaning. Your opinion is your own and I will not allow your opinion to put unwanted words in my mouth. Maybe the more important thing here is that a gringa is doing the translating! :rofl:

Last edited:
I am sticking with the archaic definition which I quoted from Wikitionary. No one has to like it. Anyone can choose an alternative definition. We all choose that which offends us. And there a whole lot of that going around!

And doesn't that make you all wonder just exactly how that will translate into a woodworking swap project?

The mind boggles. :rofl:

I told you you'd never guess. I'm going away to watch the Perseid meteor shower for a couple of nights. See you when I get back.

Sharon has that on our schedule as well. Need to get the cots out and setup on the hill. Might have to pull some weeds tomorrow as well. We'll be camping under the stars

That's it! A chingadera: noun cognate of the Spanish verb "chingar", which originally meant "to split lengthwise". In current usage, chingadera refers to anything for which the speaker has momentarily forgotten the word, especially things of little value or broken. Chingar may still refer poetically to splitting things lengthwise, though most Spanish speakers are now unaware of this archaic sense. Thus: "una chingadera de leñas" means either a small pile of firewood, or some quantity of split firewood, such as a cord.

Perfect!

Thanks, Don.

One more edit: I have been advised that the above definition of a chingadera is not complete and that an alternative definition uses the f-bomb in its description. Also that the proper spelling is chingadara.

Here is what I have to say about that. See above highlighted text. That is my meaning. Your opinion is your own and I will not allow your opinion to put unwanted words in my mouth. Maybe the more important thing here is that a gringa is doing the translating! :rofl:

One of the things that I should mention is that despite being all spanish words they mean different things depending on the country that they are spoken.

For instance, the verb "coger" in Spain means "take" I take the bus is "Yo cojo el autobús" however in Argentina it means to have sexual intercourse. the same happens with "chingar" if that is what you mean by f-bomb ( never heard about that euphemism) and chingadera is the place where one has it.