Ever heard of a Chapman Stick?

I saw Emmett Chapman playing one at the NAMM show back in '81 or thereabouts. It was just him, a touchboard and a small amp in a booth. He developed the predecessor back in 1969 which evolved into 'the stick' sometime when I was in college (mid '70's). Now, 40 years later there are some truly gifted players. The latest I have heard about is the acoustic version.

Whenever I think of stringed instruments that one doesn't normally think if . . . I think of the late great Michael Hedges and what he did on an acoustic guitar. No tape loops, no overdubs, a little special tuning and a technique. There are others who do similar things but Michael was 'out there'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIN13aDbCc

Glen
That video opened a whole world of beautiful guitar music and artists. Never have seen the variety of instruments and wonderful music.
David

I've been a fan of the Chapman Stick and Michael Hedges for years. Both are very cool. I heard about the Stick about the same time Glenn did, and I admire the current players I've heard. It's great to see how things have progressed.

I think these guys must have two brains crammed inside their head because I can't for the life of me figure out how they can carry on all of that with only one.

I think these guys must have two brains crammed inside their head because I can't for the life of me figure out how they can carry on all of that with only one.

Man, isn't that the truth.
Beautiful and fascinating.

I'll say this (+ a few thousand other things) for Glenn; he sure went to a bunch of interesting places and had unusual and interesting experiences.

Thanks for the show kid and

Enjoy,
Dad