Holiday carving project

Rob Keeble

This is just a knife carving i did when i had the chance during our world wind trip to Nova Scotia.

No plan just started out and wanted to make a farther xmas. It is what it is . Not wildly happy with it but i felt i had more idea of what to do after Tonis lessons.

Forgot my clamps at home so could not use my chisels to do any practice carving as i had planned and i must have stopped at 5 different hardware stores to buy some F style clamps but none had any. So passed on trying as the "madam" was getting tired of me stopping. :rofl:

20150803_184454.jpg

I also come to realize that i need to carve with my short range new good glasses. Its amazing what the photo shows up in terms of roughness that i could not see clearly with my eyes and my general glasses.

That is cool...I have tried three times now to carve spirit faces without much luck. I don't really have the symmetry think figured out yet. My goal is to carve some Santa's for christmas decorations this year. Ultimately I would like to put Santa in a sleigh with his team of reindeer but we will see if that will get done.

I don't see any red stains on it so must have been good for the carver also!!!!:eek::rofl:
That is a figure I always wanted to learn to carve so I could have a personalized walking staff later in life. Actually have some staff blanks in the rafters of the lean to off of the shop just for that purpose. Someday:eek:

Good on you Rob for learning this and doing so well, you have come a long way man!!!:thumb: