LED Landscape light bulb replacement review

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned earlier this week, I picked up several landscaping lights (http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?35899-Auction-score) and planned to try out some LED replacement lights in them so I could extend the number of lights on each transformer. I ordered a sample of them from the place below and got them tonight (ordered from here, and located in Missouri): https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/landscape-bulbs/led-product/402/

So far other than being slightly whiter and a little brighter, they are pretty comparable to the 4 watt bulbs that were in the lights.

Old bulb:
2015-08-12 20.33.58.jpg

LED bulb:
2015-08-12 20.34.12.jpg

The first 4 lights are LED's on the left:
2015-08-12 20.32.34.jpg

The first two are LED Bulbs:
2015-08-12 20.33.12.jpg

None of these are LED bulbs. ;)
2015-08-12 20.33.30.jpg

So in closing, the light is warm/close enough to the old bulb and should last a long time. They also only draw .4 watts, so can add several more light fixtures for each bulb replaced, so planning to order some more.

That sure looks like a close match to me, Darren. :thumb: When we moved into our new place earlier this year, I replaced the bright white CFL bulbs on the front of the house (porch lights, and sconce lights on each side of the garage door) with LEDs. I was able to find some in a color temp that's very warm, probably the most "incandescent-looking" LEDs I've seen. It's cool that LED technology is getting better and better (and more and more affordable).

Those are pretty cool looking - like your yard... Those lights look very similar to the ones I had about my yards in Tucson and Huffman, Tx... I think mine drew 7 watts or .7.... don't remember now but the were the old style "Pagoda" lights... worked great until the dog we had in Tucson started thinking they were chew toys... she ate several of them before I gave up and pull them all.... Now I buy the el-cheapo $0.97 cent solar lights from Wally world and replace them as they break or go out.... some don't do as well as others as we have too many trees in the front of the house.