KREG BANDSAW FENCE ON LAGUNA 14-12 SAW?

Roger, perhaps for what you do. I've found it lacking in certain areas. I often do thin work and the wood slips under the fence even when the fence is turned flat. The ability to add an auxiliary fence solves that. Also, the Laguna fence is not consistently squar to the table across it's length. Further, whenever I change the fence to suit the drift angle, I have to reset the fence to be square to the table. The mechanism for setting the it square to the table using shims at the same joint as the pivot point for drift angle is clumsy. Maybe after I use the Kreg fence, I've come around to your way of thinking.

Thanks,
Ron

...I often do thin work and the wood slips under the fence even when the fence is turned flat. The ability to add an auxiliary fence solves that. Also, the Laguna fence is not consistently squar to the table across it's length. Further, whenever I change the fence to suit the drift angle, I have to reset the fence to be square to the table. The mechanism for setting the it square to the table using shims at the same joint as the pivot point for drift angle is clumsy. Maybe after I use the Kreg fence, I've come around to your way of thinking. Ron

I have the Laguna 16", which uses the same fence. I've not experienced the problems you describe. I often cut my own veneers - usually around 3/32" thick, then sanded to 1/16". As Larry, and a couple others here have seen, the saw (and its OEM fence) does a great job with the thin stuff.

I have a Kreg fence on my other, 14" TaiChi saw, and I do like it. Super thin stuff can/will still slip under it, though, so that may - or may not - be the solution you're looking for.

I have the Kreg fence on my 14" Delta...but I've never seen the 14/12. Anyway, the rail for the Kreg is extruded aluminum, and has 2 bolt holes to match up with the more common bandsaws. If they don't match up, you drill new holes. The rail needs to be 1/2" below the table level, and if you can mount it that way on the Laguna it's hard to imagine it not working. I do know this: Kreg has excellent CS (at least they did a few years ago) and you can probably contact them and ask...I'd bet they know. Can't help with it being better than the OEM part.

Last edited:
It seems the Kreg is fairly flexible as to install and if it is your preferred fence I would expect it to work. If the original fence is defective as to consistency I would have Laguna replace it. I do understand how folks would enjoy the micro adjust feature on the Kreg though. As to drift adjustment and the associated 'plane' problems that come along with that for precision work, there are obviously (from posts in many forums) two camps on how to deal with drift. I prefer to adjust the saw to cut straight.