A Cheap But Great Idea

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
I have been moving some pretty heavy stuff around my shop lately and most times there is no one around to help. A while back a friend brought over some small dollies he got on sale at Harbor Freight for $9.99. I lift up a sheet of plywood and set it upright on the dolly and off I go with it. Depending on what I want to move, I can use two or more, the weight keeps them in line. I even kept my Steel City drill press on two of them until I cleared the space I wanted it to be.

Here they are, they go on sale often. I have four and will get four more. Sure, I could build them myself, but where would I get four heavy duty casters for ten bucks?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93888

It was a great idea to me, just thought I'd share it.

DT

Last edited:
Hey Don, good post! How often do you see someone who is a satisfied customer of both Festool and Harbor Freight?:huh: :rofl:
Actually, I have a couple of those dollies myself. They work great and slide under my workbench when I don't need them.:thumb:

:rofl: :rofl: You're right Jesse, I never thought about that. It doesn't matter a hoot to me where it comes from as long as it works. :thumb:

Actually, my friend bought those in Jacksonville where he lives. (I'm 35+ miles away) I beat him up and took them away from him. Told him to get him some more. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (I paid him for them of course ;) )

Now if they only sold Festool at Harbor Freight and they went on sale for half price now and then.... Hm-m-m-m-m-m-m :huh:

DT