My 2015 swap project begins

Love it.

The copper work came out really fantastic and I like the juxtaposition of the crisp copper against the more natural lines of the wood. Works really well imho.

Thank you all for the very nice comments. I certainly dont claim to be a woodworker but I'm ready to learn so this was a great project for me! I'm trying to learn about finishing wood and I thought this was too pretty natural as it was to stain so I tried to leave it. It has some spalting that showed up after planing (which I had no idea what was before I came here) so it was a great experience!

Hi Robert. This is a cool project, I think it is the first time that we see a combination of metal and wood here ( apart from hinges and hardware;)). As per the lack of expertise we are all apprentices here, so no worries, as I see that you know more about metal than me; may I PM you with some questions regarding patinas on metals?

Thanks Toni, and certainly you may - If others might be interested in the process for the metal hardware on their woodworking I'd be happy share the info and links to products and videos in perhaps an off-topic thread. Whatever is best for the forum and those interested!

Being a recipient of one of Robert's works, I can you how cool this really is.

Robert, we have a section for tutorials and I for one would be most interested in the processes. And products and links would be a bonus!

Please consider it. The admins can tell you how posting a tutorial works.