Pecan Wood Treasure Box

Dave Hoskins

I called this a treasure box because I thought it was just right for putting your treasures in, such as M&M plain or peanut. I added some crushed turquoise knot that went all the way through, so it went on the inside as well as the outside. Also a spot on the lip see,ed to need the turquoise as well, so I put some there as well. The outside diameter is 8" and the inside lip diameter is 4 1/2". The total height is 5" and the vessel depth is 3". As usual, I sealed the wood with walnut oil and then finished it with my walnut oil/shellac mixture. I finished this box on Wednesday and it was gone on Thursday. Hopes you all like it.

Thanks, guys! Ted, instead of M&Ms, you can fill it with those dried banana chips and stuff like that. Treasure is what the owner decides it is. I love M&M's which is why I rarely buy them. Even more rare is me buy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Darned things are addictive!

Thanks, folks! Jim! If I didn't know any better I'd say that was kinda a challenge. I like challenges. Let me see what I can do after I get some more cake stands roughed out.

That is a beautiful piece. Love it all, the beautiful wood, turquoise accent and the shape. You did a grand job of it all.

Note to self, someday start a new topic in the food catagory: "The Proper Way to Eat a M&M"