Day 1 of rehab

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Very rough day. Did to much in PT and OT. Paying big time. Systems went wacko and I went hypoglycemic. Don't thing I want to do that again! Took a while to get hooked up on-line from here so my report is late.

I want to tell you how encouraging your posts are. Today my cat had to go back to the Humane Society. That one got under the radar and really slammed me. So your words of encouragement mean a great deal. Thank you so much.

Keep on keeping on, but don't push it ok? We know how determined you are, but pay attention to the folks helping you out, and pay attention to the signals your body gives you.

Things will work out, You got the hook up.

Slow and steady wins the race. As someone who recently went through therapy to strengthen my ankle. I can tell you to allow yourself the time to heal.
Thinking about you and prayer is lifted your way.

Sorry to hear about Max, but you're doing your best to help him. In time, i suspect you'll have another. ;)

Wishing you continued healing and that each day is better than the last.

Do what you can, but don't over do it. PT can be rough going, I think a lot of the therapists there kind of enjoy it.

Hope the rest of the situation is stabilizing, good news that they checked you out to the rehab facility anyway.

Sorry to hear about the cat, hopefully all the good work you put into him will help him find a nice new home.

Praying every day. You've got plenty of medical advice from your Dr's and PT's (and here) so I'll leave that alone. :) Just keep your chin up and Psalm 121 comes to mind when praying for you this morning, especially vs. 3. ;)

Last edited:
Carol I feel your pain. I am 18 weeks out of major shoulder surgery. Therapy has and continues to be a struggle. No other way to get back to normal. I am about 70% recovered. Doc says it will take a year. Don't over do it! Tell the therapist when you have had enough. A good one will stop. It takes time, be patient. It gets better one day at a time.