Jarrod has skills

He's a chunk off the old block.
Very proud of my son Jarrod. 2nd year he has lead his team to 1st place Skeet competition. Shooting 91 of 100 and also took Top gun Of 49 shooters.*
During the 1st round Jarrod said guys were laughing when he missed, he happened to be shooting with an old 870 pump which was the only pump in the competition.*
Leads me to wonder what he would do with a good skeet gun and a coach.*

That's awesome, no need to get a new gun. Have a buddy that shoots competitions weekly with an old 870, rarely misses more than 1 or 2 per round if that. Can't beat a tried and true gun.

Congrats to Jarrod! :thumb:

Sometimes it's the shooter more than the gun. I'm pretty good at hitting clays, but I have a nephew who can outdo me on the skeet range, with me shooting my Remington 1100 semi-auto 20 gauge and him shooting my Mossberg 18 1/2" 12 gauge pump.with a red dot holographic sight. (My "Welcome Wagon" home protection gun. :D )

My beat up old 870 express, Can toss it in the mud and it will still shoot. Not that I can work it that well, but it's a rock solid piece of machinery.

Used an 870 in the Marine Corps, and it did its job well. I have a somewhat tamer version now, and it's been a reliable and accurate performer, too.